- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor confirms he has been promoted to train with the first team
Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!
— Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) September 30, 2013
Earlier in September Spurs manger Andre Villas-Boas confirmed Emmanuel Adebayor would train with the youth squad after returning from international duty.
The Tottenham striker today on Twitter confirmed he had earned his place back in the first team squad.
The Togolese international was reportedly struck with illness in the past week but will be raring to go after a distinct lack of first team football since last season.
New signing Roberto Soldado appears to be AVB’s preferred striker but the Spaniard has struggled to get involved fully in games and Adebayor could now threaten his starting berth.
On a reported £170k a week, Adebayor remains the highest paid player at the club.
The video below is from two and a half weeks ago in which AVB consigned Adebayor to the reserves.
- Updated: September 30, 2013