Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor confirms he has been promoted to train with the first team
Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!
— Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) September 30, 2013
Earlier in September Spurs manger Andre Villas-Boas confirmed Emmanuel Adebayor would train with the youth squad after returning from international duty.
The Tottenham striker today on Twitter confirmed he had earned his place back in the first team squad.
The Togolese international was reportedly struck with illness in the past week but will be raring to go after a distinct lack of first team football since last season.
New signing Roberto Soldado appears to be AVB’s preferred striker but the Spaniard has struggled to get involved fully in games and Adebayor could now threaten his starting berth.
On a reported £170k a week, Adebayor remains the highest paid player at the club.
The video below is from two and a half weeks ago in which AVB consigned Adebayor to the reserves.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Spurs & Chelsea boss AVB rules out a return to the Premier League (Video)February 16, 2016
- Ex Liverpool & Tottenham coaches lined up to replace Gary Neville at the Mestalla [AS]February 7, 2016
- AVB: Chelsea were wrong to sack the Special One, Roman Abramovich sacks everyone [BeIN Sports]January 19, 2016
- Russian Ministry of Sport ban foreign managers in Russian football [Eurosport Russia]October 29, 2015
- Emmanuel Adebayor’s Lyon move falls throughSeptember 16, 2016
- Emmanuel Adebayor flying to Lyon for medical ahead of completing free transfer from PalaceSeptember 15, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal teammates Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor set for Turkish moveAugust 21, 2016
- #GoodOverEvil: Emmanuel Adebayor posts on Instagram pre Spurs v Crystal PalaceFebruary 21, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016