Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor confirms he has been promoted to train with the first team
- September 30, 2013
Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!
— Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) September 30, 2013
Earlier in September Spurs manger Andre Villas-Boas confirmed Emmanuel Adebayor would train with the youth squad after returning from international duty.
The Tottenham striker today on Twitter confirmed he had earned his place back in the first team squad.
The Togolese international was reportedly struck with illness in the past week but will be raring to go after a distinct lack of first team football since last season.
New signing Roberto Soldado appears to be AVB’s preferred striker but the Spaniard has struggled to get involved fully in games and Adebayor could now threaten his starting berth.
On a reported £170k a week, Adebayor remains the highest paid player at the club.
The video below is from two and a half weeks ago in which AVB consigned Adebayor to the reserves.
- Andre Villas-Boas: Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t arrogant and he deserves more respect
- Zenit boss Andre Villas-Boas slams Tottenham & Daniel Levy for breaking promises
- Liverpool may sack Brendan Rodgers to appoint ex-Chelsea & Spurs boss AVB [Sunday ...
- Zenit boss Andre Villas-Boas: ‘I got to where I am today thanks to Jose Mourinho&...
- Happy 37th! Andre Villas-Boas gets the Birthday Bumps from his Zenit St Petersburg play...
- Bizarre video! Bart Simpson takes medical, meets AVB and trains after signing for Zenit
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi