Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor confirms he has been promoted to train with the first team
- September 30, 2013
Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!
— Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) September 30, 2013
Earlier in September Spurs manger Andre Villas-Boas confirmed Emmanuel Adebayor would train with the youth squad after returning from international duty.
The Tottenham striker today on Twitter confirmed he had earned his place back in the first team squad.
The Togolese international was reportedly struck with illness in the past week but will be raring to go after a distinct lack of first team football since last season.
New signing Roberto Soldado appears to be AVB’s preferred striker but the Spaniard has struggled to get involved fully in games and Adebayor could now threaten his starting berth.
On a reported £170k a week, Adebayor remains the highest paid player at the club.
The video below is from two and a half weeks ago in which AVB consigned Adebayor to the reserves.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...