Tottenham remove Gareth Bale from their official Twitter page [AS]
- August 5, 2013
The Spanish media have been predicting for days that Gareth Bale’s mega money move to Real Madrid is imminent and now Madrid-based paper AS lead on their website with social media news that suggests the deal is inching closer.
Tottenham have changed their official Twitter page pictures from Gareth Bale and Clint Dempsey to Mousa Dembele and Aaron Lennon.
Significantly, Dempsey signed for Seattle Sounders on Friday and the fact Bale was also removed, suggests the Welsh forward is set for a world record transfer fee move to Real Madrid.
For what its worth, the header of the Spurs Twitter page remains unchanged, featuring Jan Vertonghen and Kyle Walker.
AS write that this means “Bale is one step closer to Real Madrid” whilst there are reports NBC are changing their advertising in New York’s Time Square which currently features the Tottenham forward.
Finally, Spurs announced this evening that new signing Roberto Soldado would wear number 9 next season, but no other numbers were confirmed.
The before and after picture of Tottenham’s Twitter account, via AS, is below.
- Real Madrid star Gareth Bale scores brilliant behind-the-goal goal on Wales duty (Video)
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- Gareth Bale gives first ever Spanish interview with 3 sentences learned by heart (Video)
- Gareth Bale arrives at Real Madrid training in a chauffeur-driven Porsche 911 Classic (...
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale wins at Life with Slo-Mo Swimming Pool Scissors Kick (V...
- No place for Gareth Bale in Real Madrid fans’ Starting XI [MARCA Survey]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...