- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
Tottenham prepare final push for David Villa, Arsenal no longer interested [El Mundo Deportivo]
Its been rumoured for some time and this week it appears Tottenham are preparing a final push to sign Barcelona striker David Villa, according to a report in El Mundo Deportivo on Monday morning.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has instructed new director of football Franco Baldini to close a deal for Villa, who is surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp and keen to test himself in the Premier League.
Tottenham’s failure to bag a Champions League spot was thought to be a hindrance to the deal but Arsenal are no longer interested and Fiorentina, who also keen on Villa, will be competing in the Europa League next season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had been close to signing Villa in January. The Gunners had agreed personal terms but Barcelona were not willing to let the Spanish striker leave the club mid season.
El Mundo Deportivo claim Spurs are very advanced in terms of an agreement with the player and Baldini is set to discuss the move with the Spanish giants for a fee of around 15 million euros.
The sticking point which may delay any deal being announced imminently is that Villa has one year left on his deal at Barcelona and is set to negotiate a pay off with the Catalans, reportedly worth around 10 million euros.
- Updated: June 24, 2013