- Golazo! David Cabrera (Pumas) hits 30 metre Thunder-Bastard v Monterrey [Video]
- Raphael Honigstein banters Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini for throwing away 3-goal lead on BT Sport [Video]
- Piers Morgan tells Ian Wright it’s time for Arsenal to ‘divorce’ Arsene Wenger [Audio]
- Brendan Rodgers responds to Jamie Carragher’s charge that Liverpool are ‘mentally weak’ [Video]
- ‘You have to get results’: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits he’s fighting for his job [Video]
Tottenham need to spend £10m to get Hulk on a year loan from Zenit [SSN]
SSN reporter Aidan Magee on Spurs link with Hulk: "Zenit have quoted £10million for the season to take him on loan." #SkyDeadlineDay
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) September 2, 2013
Hulk to Tottenham has been a rumour floated periodically throughout the transfer window, and on transfer deadline day the rumour was again repeated on Sky Sports News.
Sky Sports News reporter Aidan Magee told viewers that Zenit have quoted £10million for the season for Tottenham to take Hulk on loan.
Just over a week ago the Spurs-Hulk story was promulgated by the Sunday Telegraph, via Jason Burt, a journalist known to have decent contacts at Spurs, who claimed Andre Villas-Boas’ main target will be Zenit St. Petersburg’s Brazilian international striker.
Hulk has long been admired by head coach Andre Villas-Boas, who worked with the 27-year-old forward at Porto, although any deal hinges on his current club, Zenit St Petersburg, lowering their demands. The Russians have been demanding closer to £40 million. In Tottenham’s favour is the fact that Hulk wants to reunite with Villas-Boas even though the club is not in the Champions League.
Hulk, currently a Brazil national team regular undoubtedly has the physique for the Premier League and has arguably a better left foot than Bale.
Hulk to Spurs is an interesting one, but it won't happen unless Zenit find a replacement. Not a huge number of options out there.
— James Appell (@jamesappell) September 2, 2013
If AVB has faith Hulk can do very well for us. Pay the £10 million.
— Addicted to Spurs (@AddictedtoSpurs) September 2, 2013
London Evening Standard reporter @TomCStandard understands Hulk is interested in a Spurs move however Zenit's needs could hamper deal.
— Talking THFC™ (@TalkingTHFC) September 2, 2013
- Updated: September 2, 2013