- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Tottenham & Manchester United are both chasing Dutch star Memphis Depay, PSV want £17m [Mirror]
The Sunday Mirror link Dutch midfield star Memphis Depay with a potential move to the Premier League.
According to the red-top, both Tottenham and Manchester United are circling Holland’s matchwinner against Australia last week, whilst the narrative in the tabloid is to suggest that Spurs are slightly ahead of the Red Devils in the pecking order.
The Mirror do specifically say, however, that Dutch boss Louis van Gaal is a “fan” 20-year-old Depay.
Having finished the Eredivisie season in 4th with his club side, Depay is not currently playing in the Champions League next campaign, and the overriding feeling is that if the Dutch talent is to move on this summer, he’ll look to join a team who are playing in the premiere club competition in world football.
That would rule both Spurs and Man United out the running.
Depay played 32 games for PSV last season, scoring 12 goals and adding 7 assists. The Mirror claim PSV are looking for at least £17m from potential suitors.
- Updated: June 21, 2014