- Footage of the Bayern Munich banquet after Man City defeat
- Lukas Podolski confirms that Wolfsburg tried to sign him from Arsenal [Bild]
- Jokes! Real Madrid fans imitate Cristiano Ronaldo’s celebration on the streets [Video]
- Arsenal youth team show off their tricks and skills [video]
- Has PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined Adidas?
Tottenham lose out as Atletico Madrid sign David Villa from Barcelona for just €2.1m
Bad news for Tottenham fans on Monday night: Atletico Madrid have signed David Villa from Barcelona.
The terms of the deal are surprisingly cheap.
David Villa has joined Atletico on a 3-year-deal, with the Rojiblancos paying just €2.1 million up front. Atleti will have to fork out another €2 million if Villa will stay on the club’s books during 2014-15, while they’ll pay an additional €1 million should the Spanish international stay for the full three years.
In the event that Atletico will sell Villa during the next three seasons, Barcelona will get 50% of next transfer fee.
Spurs fans will be saddened that Villa has not joined them at White Hart Lane, particularly considering the price tags involved in his move to Atletico.
The Lillywhites had long been linked to Villa, with rumours suggesting that Tottenham would have to fork out €1o million to secure the striker from the Nou Camp. Those figures have now been proven to be hugely inflated.
One suspects that David Villa chose Atletico over Tottenham as the Spaniards feature in the the 2013-14 Champions League which should help the centre-forward improve his chances of playing for Spain at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- Updated: July 8, 2013