- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Tottenham hold fresh talks with Dinamo Zagreb to sign €20m Alen Halilovic, teenager’s dad opposes move
Sky Italia’s inside man Gianluca Di Marzio has released a new article on his blog on Monday afternoon reporting on Tottenham’s ongoing attempts to sign Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic.
Halilovic, 17, has been linked to White Hart Lane for months now, however the move keeps on stalling.
Sadly, according to Di Marzio, Tottenham appear to at another roadblock as Halilovic’s dad continues to play hardball with the Lilywhites.
The urgency around Halilovic’s employment future stems from the fact that the teenager’s deal with Dinamo expires at the end of the season. Halilovic has a €15 million release clause which Tottenham are said to the willing to better with a €20 million bid, yet the deal isn’t done.
According to Di Marzio, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had met with Zagreb officials three times, in three different European cities, over the past few weeks, and a transfer fee with the club, together with a deal for the player to get €1.5 million a season in wages, are said to be agreeable.
The problem is that dad Saed, who is a coach at Dinamo Zagreb, has negative feelings towards the Tottenham deal as Spurs appear to want to blood the teenager in their youth setup rather than plonking the youngster straight into their first team.
Bottom line: watch this space.
- Updated: October 21, 2013