- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry tweets brilliant Christmas meme of himself [Picture]
- Man United’s Radamel Falcao posts picture & religious message on Instagram to celebrate Christmas
- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
Tottenham hold fresh talks with Dinamo Zagreb to sign €20m Alen Halilovic, teenager’s dad opposes move
Sky Italia’s inside man Gianluca Di Marzio has released a new article on his blog on Monday afternoon reporting on Tottenham’s ongoing attempts to sign Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic.
Halilovic, 17, has been linked to White Hart Lane for months now, however the move keeps on stalling.
Sadly, according to Di Marzio, Tottenham appear to at another roadblock as Halilovic’s dad continues to play hardball with the Lilywhites.
The urgency around Halilovic’s employment future stems from the fact that the teenager’s deal with Dinamo expires at the end of the season. Halilovic has a €15 million release clause which Tottenham are said to the willing to better with a €20 million bid, yet the deal isn’t done.
According to Di Marzio, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had met with Zagreb officials three times, in three different European cities, over the past few weeks, and a transfer fee with the club, together with a deal for the player to get €1.5 million a season in wages, are said to be agreeable.
The problem is that dad Saed, who is a coach at Dinamo Zagreb, has negative feelings towards the Tottenham deal as Spurs appear to want to blood the teenager in their youth setup rather than plonking the youngster straight into their first team.
Bottom line: watch this space.
- Updated: October 21, 2013