- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Tottenham fans won’t like this: Bale’s #11 Real Madrid shirts being sold in Gibraltar [Pictures]
What do they know in Gibraltar that we don’t?
Pictures are currently popping up online showing several stores on Gibraltar’s most famous shopping street, boringly called Main Street, selling Real Madrid shirts with “Bale 11″ printed on the back on the jerseys.
Whilst the pictures offer no new insight in whether Tottenham will agree to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid this summer, the pictures evidence widespread opinion that the deal will be concluded before the transfer window shuts on September 2nd.
As for the latest transfer gossip on Bale, last Friday Marca claimed that Real Madrid have offered Spurs £85m over 4 years, or £100m over 6 years, for Tottenham’s Welsh wizard.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window.
Balague added that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
Pictures of Bale’s #11 Real Madrid shirts being sold in Gibraltar can be seen below.
- Updated: August 19, 2013