- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
Tottenham fans won’t like this: Bale’s #11 Real Madrid shirts being sold in Gibraltar [Pictures]
What do they know in Gibraltar that we don’t?
Pictures are currently popping up online showing several stores on Gibraltar’s most famous shopping street, boringly called Main Street, selling Real Madrid shirts with “Bale 11″ printed on the back on the jerseys.
Whilst the pictures offer no new insight in whether Tottenham will agree to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid this summer, the pictures evidence widespread opinion that the deal will be concluded before the transfer window shuts on September 2nd.
As for the latest transfer gossip on Bale, last Friday Marca claimed that Real Madrid have offered Spurs £85m over 4 years, or £100m over 6 years, for Tottenham’s Welsh wizard.
Intriguingly, Guillem Balague in AS on Friday morning suggests Levy is simply waiting on Real Madrid’s next offer and is happy to drag the deal out until the last day of the transfer window.
Balague added that Tottenham’s position is clear: Gareth Bale will only leave for a fee of 120 million euros.
Pictures of Bale’s #11 Real Madrid shirts being sold in Gibraltar can be seen below.
- Updated: August 19, 2013