- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Tottenham fans chant “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” after Paulinho’s late winner v Cardiff [Video]
Another week, another video of Tottenham fans screaming the Y-word.
Despite strong statements of intent and a celebrity-backed campaign to stop the words “Yids” from being heard at Premier League football matches, fans of Tottenham Hotspur simply refuse to give up ownership of one of the main words in their football lexicon.
On Sunday at White Hart Lane, the Yiddo chant was loud and audible after Paulinho grabbed a 93rd minute winner against Cardiff.
After the Brazilian had snatched Spurs a late three points to move them up into second in the table, the Tottenham faithful showered the Brazilian with chants of “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!”.
Despite pressure to force the Y-word out of football, Tottenham fans have embraced the name “Yids” or “Yiddos” and it impossible to see Spurs fans give up this label. It may have started as a defensive chant to the “Seig Heils” and “Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz,” but the term has undoubtedly part of the furniture at White Hart Lane.
Watch Paulinho’s winner against Cardiff together with the “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” chants below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013