Tottenham fans chant “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” after Paulinho’s late winner v Cardiff [Video]
- September 23, 2013
Another week, another video of Tottenham fans screaming the Y-word.
Despite strong statements of intent and a celebrity-backed campaign to stop the words “Yids” from being heard at Premier League football matches, fans of Tottenham Hotspur simply refuse to give up ownership of one of the main words in their football lexicon.
On Sunday at White Hart Lane, the Yiddo chant was loud and audible after Paulinho grabbed a 93rd minute winner against Cardiff.
After the Brazilian had snatched Spurs a late three points to move them up into second in the table, the Tottenham faithful showered the Brazilian with chants of “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!”.
Despite pressure to force the Y-word out of football, Tottenham fans have embraced the name “Yids” or “Yiddos” and it impossible to see Spurs fans give up this label. It may have started as a defensive chant to the “Seig Heils” and “Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz,” but the term has undoubtedly part of the furniture at White Hart Lane.
Watch Paulinho’s winner against Cardiff together with the “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” chants below.
- Emmanuel Adebayor ignores Togo call-up, who beat Djibouti without him
- New Spurs attacker Heung-Min Son scores hat-trick for South Korea v Laos (official high...
- Tottenham’s Son Heung-min bags a hat-trick for South Korea ft. two stunners (Video)
- Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min scores for South Korea v Laos (Video)
- Tottenham’s Daniel Levy issues a statement on the failed bid for West Brom’...
- Tottenham’s Nabil Bentleb posts angry Instagram message dismissing injury claims
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...