Tottenham fans chant “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” after Paulinho’s late winner v Cardiff [Video]
- September 23, 2013
Another week, another video of Tottenham fans screaming the Y-word.
Despite strong statements of intent and a celebrity-backed campaign to stop the words “Yids” from being heard at Premier League football matches, fans of Tottenham Hotspur simply refuse to give up ownership of one of the main words in their football lexicon.
On Sunday at White Hart Lane, the Yiddo chant was loud and audible after Paulinho grabbed a 93rd minute winner against Cardiff.
After the Brazilian had snatched Spurs a late three points to move them up into second in the table, the Tottenham faithful showered the Brazilian with chants of “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!”.
Despite pressure to force the Y-word out of football, Tottenham fans have embraced the name “Yids” or “Yiddos” and it impossible to see Spurs fans give up this label. It may have started as a defensive chant to the “Seig Heils” and “Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz,” but the term has undoubtedly part of the furniture at White Hart Lane.
Watch Paulinho’s winner against Cardiff together with the “Yiddo! Yiddo! Yiddo!” chants below.
- Tottenham star Harry Kane scores pinpoint free kick as he prepares for match v MLS All-...
- West Brom produce bizarre tweet dismissing any Tottenham bid for Saido Berahino
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Schalke reject £8.5m bid from Tottenham for 19-year-old Leroy Sané [Kicker]
- Spurs set to sign Saido Berahino in next 48 hours [Sunday Express]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi