- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul tweets “the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!! #coys”
Another seemingly cooked-up transfer rumour bites the dust.
The Star’s David Woods went to print on Wednesday morning with a story that irked Tottenham fans by recalling the memory of Sol Campbell.
According to the tabloid, Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul was reportedly ready to quit Spurs to join bitter rivals Arsenal on a free transfer this summer.
The tabloid lied, farting: “[Kaboul] has told friends he is keen on the idea of moving across north London to the Gunners. Centre-back Kaboul, 28, is best friends with Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby and boss Arsene Wenger will need cover in that area with Thomas Vermaelen poised to leave at the end of the season.”
As is the way of the world nowadays, Younes Kaboul has since reacted to the news story on his Twitter account, and the defender has categorically denied any truth in the rumour.
Read Younes Kaboul’s tweet on the story he is going to Arsenal below.
- Updated: April 2, 2014