Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul tweets “the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!! #coys”
Another seemingly cooked-up transfer rumour bites the dust.
The Star’s David Woods went to print on Wednesday morning with a story that irked Tottenham fans by recalling the memory of Sol Campbell.
According to the tabloid, Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul was reportedly ready to quit Spurs to join bitter rivals Arsenal on a free transfer this summer.
The tabloid lied, farting: “[Kaboul] has told friends he is keen on the idea of moving across north London to the Gunners. Centre-back Kaboul, 28, is best friends with Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby and boss Arsene Wenger will need cover in that area with Thomas Vermaelen poised to leave at the end of the season.”
As is the way of the world nowadays, Younes Kaboul has since reacted to the news story on his Twitter account, and the defender has categorically denied any truth in the rumour.
Read Younes Kaboul’s tweet on the story he is going to Arsenal below.
- Ozil celebrates Arsenal’s win v Zagreb on Instagram, Wenger hopes the German gets a taste f...
- Hector Bellerin says Arsenal will plays for their lives against Olympiakos (Video)
- Gunnerblog wonders how Arsenal lost to Dinamo Zagreb in the 1st game after tonight’s win (V...
- Outrageous: Alexis Sanchez takes ball down with his neck in Arsenal win v Dinamo Zagreb (Official...
- West Ham fan gets angry with Spurs supporters, threatens to ‘weigh them in’ at Upton ...
- Tottenham’s strikers are the most efficient scorers in London derbies, then Arsenal [Graphic]
- West Ham fan goes on epic rant after 4-1 defeat by Spurs (Video)
- Spurs playmaker Christian Eriksen posts skills video on Instagram