Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul tweets “the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!! #coys”
Another seemingly cooked-up transfer rumour bites the dust.
The Star’s David Woods went to print on Wednesday morning with a story that irked Tottenham fans by recalling the memory of Sol Campbell.
According to the tabloid, Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul was reportedly ready to quit Spurs to join bitter rivals Arsenal on a free transfer this summer.
The tabloid lied, farting: “[Kaboul] has told friends he is keen on the idea of moving across north London to the Gunners. Centre-back Kaboul, 28, is best friends with Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby and boss Arsene Wenger will need cover in that area with Thomas Vermaelen poised to leave at the end of the season.”
As is the way of the world nowadays, Younes Kaboul has since reacted to the news story on his Twitter account, and the defender has categorically denied any truth in the rumour.
Read Younes Kaboul’s tweet on the story he is going to Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016
- Arsene Wenger’s jungle analogy pre Arsenal v Middlesbrough (video)October 21, 2016
- Mesut Ozil’s brilliant flick after hat-trick & Arsenal win over Ludogorets (video)October 21, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Updates on Danny Rose & Toby Alderweireld playing for Spurs v BournemouthOctober 20, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane’s frank assessment of Spurs title chances is too funny (Video)October 20, 2016