Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul tweets “the rumour about me joining Arsenal is not true!!! #coys”
Another seemingly cooked-up transfer rumour bites the dust.
The Star’s David Woods went to print on Wednesday morning with a story that irked Tottenham fans by recalling the memory of Sol Campbell.
According to the tabloid, Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul was reportedly ready to quit Spurs to join bitter rivals Arsenal on a free transfer this summer.
The tabloid lied, farting: “[Kaboul] has told friends he is keen on the idea of moving across north London to the Gunners. Centre-back Kaboul, 28, is best friends with Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby and boss Arsene Wenger will need cover in that area with Thomas Vermaelen poised to leave at the end of the season.”
As is the way of the world nowadays, Younes Kaboul has since reacted to the news story on his Twitter account, and the defender has categorically denied any truth in the rumour.
Read Younes Kaboul’s tweet on the story he is going to Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- The Star make a big claim about Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson & Man UnitedOctober 1, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal youngster Serge Gnabry scores another lovely goal for Werder Bremen (video)October 1, 2016
- Burnley v Arsenal: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 1, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere ridiculed for missing an open goal for Bournemouth [Tweets]October 1, 2016
- Tottenham v Manchester City: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 1, 2016
- Klopp’s Liverpool & Pochettino’s Tottenham are EPL comeback kingsOctober 1, 2016
- ‘One of the best in the world’: Pep Guardiola has glowing praise for Spurs boss Pochettino (Video)September 30, 2016
- Spurs’ Son Heung-min could miss nearly two years due to South Korean military serviceSeptember 29, 2016