Tottenham chase River Plate wonderkid Sebastian Driussi, scorer of one of the best goals of 2014
Mauricio Pochettino was reportedly brought into Spurs to bring the best out of Erik Lamela and the pair may not be the only Argentines at White Hart Lane next season.
The Sun report today that Tottenham “are leading the chase” for River Plate striker Sebastian Driussi, who is just 18.
Driussi has played just two games for River Plate, and a total of 163 minutes first team football in 2013/2014.
The youngster has though starred for Argentina Under-17s and scored one of the finest goals seen anywhere in 2014, against Uruguay in April. See video below.
We can but wonder whether a move for Driussi is being pushed by Pochettino or Franco Baldini but Spurs, with a history of bringing Argentines to London, would certainly excite their fans with a signing like this.
Erik Lamela, one of the biggest flops of last season, has been training with River Plate in recent weeks, in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season.
Watch Live Stream
- Awesome: A young River Plate player helps a Cordoba opponent in the middle of the game (Video)October 13, 2016
- Confirmed: Diego Simeone’s son Giovanni Simeone leaves River Plate for Serie AAugust 18, 2016
- Giovanni Simeone is heading to Europe to sign a five-year deal with Genoa [Mundo Deportivo]August 1, 2016
- River Plate’s Andres D’Alessandro scored a special showboat golazo v The Strongest (Official Video)April 7, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Tottenham’s Victor Wanyama is loving ‘World Pasta Day’ [Instagram]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016