Tottenham chase River Plate wonderkid Sebastian Driussi, scorer of one of the best goals of 2014
Mauricio Pochettino was reportedly brought into Spurs to bring the best out of Erik Lamela and the pair may not be the only Argentines at White Hart Lane next season.
The Sun report today that Tottenham “are leading the chase” for River Plate striker Sebastian Driussi, who is just 18.
Driussi has played just two games for River Plate, and a total of 163 minutes first team football in 2013/2014.
The youngster has though starred for Argentina Under-17s and scored one of the finest goals seen anywhere in 2014, against Uruguay in April. See video below.
We can but wonder whether a move for Driussi is being pushed by Pochettino or Franco Baldini but Spurs, with a history of bringing Argentines to London, would certainly excite their fans with a signing like this.
Erik Lamela, one of the biggest flops of last season, has been training with River Plate in recent weeks, in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season.
- Awesome free-kick: Nicolas Aguirre (Lanus) v River Plate (video)
- Done Deal: Everton sign defender Ramiro Funes Mori from River Plate for £9.5m (Tweet ...
- Lucho Gonzalez scored a stunning volley for River Plate v Estudiantes (Video)
- River Plate beat Tigres 3-0 to win the Copa Libertadores (Official highlights)
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...
- Arsenal & Spurs target Adrien Rabiot set for January Ligue 1 exit [L’Equipe]
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane: We must be wary of Jurgen Klopp & Liverpool