Tottenham chase River Plate wonderkid Sebastian Driussi, scorer of one of the best goals of 2014
- June 12, 2014
Mauricio Pochettino was reportedly brought into Spurs to bring the best out of Erik Lamela and the pair may not be the only Argentines at White Hart Lane next season.
The Sun report today that Tottenham “are leading the chase” for River Plate striker Sebastian Driussi, who is just 18.
Driussi has played just two games for River Plate, and a total of 163 minutes first team football in 2013/2014.
The youngster has though starred for Argentina Under-17s and scored one of the finest goals seen anywhere in 2014, against Uruguay in April. See video below.
We can but wonder whether a move for Driussi is being pushed by Pochettino or Franco Baldini but Spurs, with a history of bringing Argentines to London, would certainly excite their fans with a signing like this.
Erik Lamela, one of the biggest flops of last season, has been training with River Plate in recent weeks, in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...