Tottenham chase River Plate wonderkid Sebastian Driussi, scorer of one of the best goals of 2014
- June 12, 2014
Mauricio Pochettino was reportedly brought into Spurs to bring the best out of Erik Lamela and the pair may not be the only Argentines at White Hart Lane next season.
The Sun report today that Tottenham “are leading the chase” for River Plate striker Sebastian Driussi, who is just 18.
Driussi has played just two games for River Plate, and a total of 163 minutes first team football in 2013/2014.
The youngster has though starred for Argentina Under-17s and scored one of the finest goals seen anywhere in 2014, against Uruguay in April. See video below.
We can but wonder whether a move for Driussi is being pushed by Pochettino or Franco Baldini but Spurs, with a history of bringing Argentines to London, would certainly excite their fans with a signing like this.
Erik Lamela, one of the biggest flops of last season, has been training with River Plate in recent weeks, in a bid to be fit for the 2014/2015 season.
- Rodrigo Mora (River Plate) stunning lob golazo in Copa Libertadores semi final [Officia...
- Rosario Central midfielder Jonas Aguirre scores amazing lob versus River Plate [GIF]
- River Plate stun Cruzeiro 3-0 to reach Copa Libertadores semi-finals [Official Highlights]
- The Superclasico between Boca Juniors & River Plate’s ladies teams was an am...
- Ice cold River Plate defender Emanuel Mammana loses opponent with classy skill [Video]
- Cruzeiro win 1-0 at River Plate in first leg of Copa Libertadores quarter-final [Highli...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi