- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers blasts “nasty” Diego Costa & says Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea [Video]
Tottenham aim to boost striking options with £15m move for Man United’s Chicharito [Mirror]
Could Tottenham’s summer recruitment project get even more exciting? The Mirror think so on Thursday.
Alan Nixon – far from the most trustworthy of new sources – has splashed the tabloid with yet another transfer rumour linked to White Hart Lane, under the headline:
Tottenham want Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez as their transfer-happy summer rolls on
Devoid of quotes and based on supposed circumstantial evidence, the Mirror’s story lacks teeth as it suggests that Spurs could really sign Man United’s Mexican striker this summer. Nevertheless, the red-top claims:
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is making a shock move for Manchester United’s Mexican goal machine Javier Hernandez – but will have to pay £15million.
United are not pushing out the Mexico international, who has never given them any trouble, but a sizeable bid may see his spell at Old Trafford end.
Chicharito has yet to feature for Manchester United this season, while last term Hernandez scored 26 goals in 39 games or both club and country.
- Updated: August 28, 2013