Tottenham aim to boost striking options with £15m move for Man United’s Chicharito [Mirror]
- August 28, 2013
Could Tottenham’s summer recruitment project get even more exciting? The Mirror think so on Thursday.
Alan Nixon – far from the most trustworthy of new sources – has splashed the tabloid with yet another transfer rumour linked to White Hart Lane, under the headline:
Tottenham want Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez as their transfer-happy summer rolls on
Devoid of quotes and based on supposed circumstantial evidence, the Mirror’s story lacks teeth as it suggests that Spurs could really sign Man United’s Mexican striker this summer. Nevertheless, the red-top claims:
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is making a shock move for Manchester United’s Mexican goal machine Javier Hernandez – but will have to pay £15million.
United are not pushing out the Mexico international, who has never given them any trouble, but a sizeable bid may see his spell at Old Trafford end.
Chicharito has yet to feature for Manchester United this season, while last term Hernandez scored 26 goals in 39 games or both club and country.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...