The intentional hiatus meant that the number of matches played this week were greatly reduced, leaving us with a smaller pool than usual from which to pick the top goals from the last seven days. But less does not mean worse, and the following nine goals are the proof.
There was some domestic football, providing us with two sublime strikes from distance (goals 1 and 9) and one super volley (goal 6). And from the World Cup qualifiers we were supplied with a healthy selection of wonder strikes, goals 2 and 8 arguably the best of the rip-snorters.
As always, sit back and enjoy!
1. Carlos Merino Gonzalez (v Rayo Vallecano, October 8, 2008) (first goal on the video)
2. Yoann Gourcuff (v Romania, October 11, 2008)
3. Kostas Katsouranis (v Romania, October 11, 2008)
4. Ronald Garcia (v Peru, October 11, 2008)
5. Carlo Costly (v Canada, October 11, 2008)
6. Castillo (v Flamengo, October 11, 2008)
7. Kaka (v Venezuela, October 12, 2008)
8. Robinho (v Venezuela, October 12, 2008)
9. Brandon McDonald (v Colorado Rapids, October 12, 2008)
Our goal of the month competition was won by Tori Lima who chose the goal scored by Zlatan Ibrahimovic which gained the most votes. Congratulations to Tori who wins a Toffs shirt and thanks to all of you who entered.