Too Cute! Sporting Lisbon defender Mauricio gives a sobbing young fan his shirt, kid kisses the badge
- September 16, 2013
A very cute clip was spotted at the end of Sporting Lisbon’s 2-0 away win at Olhanense on Sunday night.
After picking up the three point to lift them into second in the division, a couple of Sporting players were stopped up a young fan as they tried to head off the pitch.
The kid, looking around 10 years old, caught with with Sporting’s Vítor and Mauricio as they walked back to the dressing rooms, and he got their attention by sobbing as he met his heroes.
Tugging on the heart-strings of the footballers, Lisbon defender Mauricio was sucked in by the boy’s tears, so to make him feel better he gave the boy his sweat-soaked shirt as a souvenir.
After getting his prize, the boy, with the camera crew following him, walked towards the centre circle where he dramatically put on Mauricio’s shirt and kissed the Lisbon badge in a heart-warming scene.
Watch the incident below.
- After Arsenal reportedly bid for William Carvalho, the midfielder is now a €20m target ...
- Arsenal make £28.5million bid for Sporting’s William Carvalho [Sun]
- Gelson Martins (Portugal U20) stunning Quaresma-esque winner v New Zealand [Vine]
- Shocking: Benfica boss Jorge Jesus is taking over at Sporting Lisbon [Portuguese Papers...
- Arsenal want to sell Joel Campbell to Sporting in a deal for William Carvalho [O Jogo]
- Man United loanee Luis Nani heads Sporting Lisbon to victory in Portugal [Vine]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi