Too Cute! Sporting Lisbon defender Mauricio gives a sobbing young fan his shirt, kid kisses the badge
- September 16, 2013
A very cute clip was spotted at the end of Sporting Lisbon’s 2-0 away win at Olhanense on Sunday night.
After picking up the three point to lift them into second in the division, a couple of Sporting players were stopped up a young fan as they tried to head off the pitch.
The kid, looking around 10 years old, caught with with Sporting’s Vítor and Mauricio as they walked back to the dressing rooms, and he got their attention by sobbing as he met his heroes.
Tugging on the heart-strings of the footballers, Lisbon defender Mauricio was sucked in by the boy’s tears, so to make him feel better he gave the boy his sweat-soaked shirt as a souvenir.
After getting his prize, the boy, with the camera crew following him, walked towards the centre circle where he dramatically put on Mauricio’s shirt and kissed the Lisbon badge in a heart-warming scene.
Watch the incident below.
- Tondela v Sporting: Watch a Live Stream
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) makes Gordon Banks-esque save to deny Crystal Palace (Video)
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal or anyone else. Sporting discover stress f...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- The absolutely incredible story of new Sporting Lisbon signing Martunis
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...