Tony Gale calls Dani Alves’ pass a ‘simple flick': Tweets say assist of the season
- April 2, 2013
Barcelona punctured the PSG defence with a Lionel Messi beauty in the first half of their Champions League quarterfinal in France, however Messi’s goal was widely eclisped by the quality of Dani Alves’ sublime assist.
The Brazilian fullback played an outstanding outside of the boot pass which found the Argentine forward in the inside left channel of the PSG box.
Undoubtedly Messi still had plenty to do to find he far corner, however Alves’ pass was a moment of beauty.
Not for ITV’s pundit though.
Tony Gale, with an amazing understatement, described Alves’ assist as a “simple flick”.
Listen to Tong Gale’s surprising commentary below, while a handful of Tweets celebrating the Brazilian’s theough-ball can be after that.
He may look like Sisqo but that pass was worthy a Brazilian fullback #alves
— Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) April 2, 2013
I want to marry that Dani #Alves pass and have it’s babies. <3
— James Hunt (@jameshunt182) April 2, 2013
I have just witnessed the best pass in a game of football that I have ever seen #Alves
— sam ward(@wordsmithward) April 2, 2013
You know you’re in trouble when the opposition RIGHT BACK plays a pass like that. #Alves
— Bet Share (@Bet_Share) April 2, 2013
Min 37: Absolutely phenomenal assist from Dani Alves for Messi, who rifles the ball to the far post of Sirigu’s goal. #FCBLive
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) April 2, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...