- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Tomas Rincon promises to harm Lionel Messi, duly does during Argentina win over Venezuela
Venezuela’s Tomas Rincon doesn’t like Lionel Messi.
In the build-up to Friday’s World Cup qualifier between Argentina and Venezuela, Rincon, who plays his club football for Hamburg, said: “I’ll eat Leo’s ankles.”
Previously, when Venezuela beat Argentina in World Cup qualifying at home in October 2011, Rincon made sure to celebrate right in front of Messi (see first video below.)
On Friday, Rincon backed up his pre-game promise with a hard body check on Messi that left the Barcelona superstar with an abdomen injury as well as a bruise below his right eye.
Messi, as ever, had the last laugh, scoring a penalty and grabbing both assists as Argentina eased to a 3-0 win over Venezuela.
And, as well as moving to just one goal behind Diego Maradona in the Argentina all-time goal scoring charts, Messi also produced a rather cheeky Nuts! on Rincon for good measure.
Three videos below: Rincon celebrating in Messi’s face in 2011, Rincon battering Messi last night & Messi’s revenge.
- Updated: March 23, 2013