Tomas Rincon promises to harm Lionel Messi, duly does during Argentina win over Venezuela
- March 23, 2013
Venezuela’s Tomas Rincon doesn’t like Lionel Messi.
In the build-up to Friday’s World Cup qualifier between Argentina and Venezuela, Rincon, who plays his club football for Hamburg, said: “I’ll eat Leo’s ankles.”
Previously, when Venezuela beat Argentina in World Cup qualifying at home in October 2011, Rincon made sure to celebrate right in front of Messi (see first video below.)
On Friday, Rincon backed up his pre-game promise with a hard body check on Messi that left the Barcelona superstar with an abdomen injury as well as a bruise below his right eye.
Messi, as ever, had the last laugh, scoring a penalty and grabbing both assists as Argentina eased to a 3-0 win over Venezuela.
And, as well as moving to just one goal behind Diego Maradona in the Argentina all-time goal scoring charts, Messi also produced a rather cheeky Nuts! on Rincon for good measure.
Three videos below: Rincon celebrating in Messi’s face in 2011, Rincon battering Messi last night & Messi’s revenge.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi