- Piers Morgan tells Ian Wright it’s time for Arsenal to ‘divorce’ Arsene Wenger [Audio]
- Brendan Rodgers responds to Jamie Carragher’s charge that Liverpool are ‘mentally weak’ [Video]
- ‘You have to get results’: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits he’s fighting for his job [Video]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez beautiful volley golazo v Inter to finish fine move [Vine & GIF]
- Pochettino post Hull 1 – Spurs 2: ‘It’s a massive win’ [Video]
Tom Cleverley vows to conquer hate mob and win over Man United fans [The Mirror]
Tom Cleverley has vowed to overcome the abuse fans have subjected him to over the last year, report The Mirror.
Cleverley has been a scapegoat for Manchester United fans to take their frustrations out on but has promised to win over the same supporters that have tormented him for the last 12 months.
The midfielder has put in some abysmal performances in recent times and was one of the players that encapsulated the Moyes era of dismal droll football.
Louis van Gaal tried to restore confidence by giving him the captain’s armband in the friendly against Roma but Cleverley has disappointed again in pre-season.
Still, he did not deserve the level of criticism he got which was effectively bullying; the United player was the subject of a scornful petition seeking his banishment from the England team.
- Updated: August 6, 2014