To prepare Real Madrid against complacency, Jose Mourinho shows his players Inter 4 – Spurs 1
- April 9, 2013
“Hopefully there will be no over confidence. We are preparing seriously for a difficult game. During the meeting this morning we watched a game where a team won 3-0 in the first leg and still could have lost out.” – Jose Mourinho.
Spanish newspapers report this morning that Jose Mourinho has left no stone unturned in keeping his players warned of complacency as they head into their Champions League second leg at Galatasaray, 3-0 up from the first game.
Mourinho revealed at his press conference in Turkey yesterday that as well as showing his Real Madrid players some tactical videos on Galatasaray, The Special One also showed a recent European tie where one side battled back from a 3-0 deficit in the first game.
The Real Madrid stars were reportedly surprised to see the recent Inter Milan v Spurs second leg in the Europa League where the Nerazzurri were able to send the match to extra-time with three unanswered goals.
It was not until Emmanuel Adebayor scored for Spurs in the 94th minute that Andre Villas Boas’ side secured their progression and even then it became very tight when Inter brought it back to 4-1 on the night.
Footage of the video Jose Mourinho might have shown his players is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi