To cap a weekend of Argentine football violence: Mass brawl breaks out at the end of Godoy Cruz 2 – Boca Juniors 2
- October 21, 2013
It was a particularly brutal weekend for the violent place that is Argentine football.
On Friday, former Arsenal player and current Quilmes boss Nelson Vivas violently attacked an innocent fan (who he wrongly thought was trolling him),
and to cap it off, the end of Sunday’s game between Godoy Cruz and Boca Juniors was marred by a mass brawl between both sets of players.
As the final whistle went, a royal rumble suddenly broke out from nowhere, with Gody’s Ledesma going for Riquelme, Curbelo and Chiqui Pérez going for each other; it was chaos and it rumbled on through the tunnel as the teams left the field.
Granted, no serious GBH took place, but it was a pitiful sight for a footballing country struggling so badly with violence.
Despite sending nobody off, Ole update that the ref included Orion, Caruzzo and Curbelo in his match report, who could be punished for their part in the brawl.
[gthumb id=”367305″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...