To cap a weekend of Argentine football violence: Mass brawl breaks out at the end of Godoy Cruz 2 – Boca Juniors 2
- October 21, 2013
It was a particularly brutal weekend for the violent place that is Argentine football.
On Friday, former Arsenal player and current Quilmes boss Nelson Vivas violently attacked an innocent fan (who he wrongly thought was trolling him),
and to cap it off, the end of Sunday’s game between Godoy Cruz and Boca Juniors was marred by a mass brawl between both sets of players.
As the final whistle went, a royal rumble suddenly broke out from nowhere, with Gody’s Ledesma going for Riquelme, Curbelo and Chiqui Pérez going for each other; it was chaos and it rumbled on through the tunnel as the teams left the field.
Granted, no serious GBH took place, but it was a pitiful sight for a footballing country struggling so badly with violence.
Despite sending nobody off, Ole update that the ref included Orion, Caruzzo and Curbelo in his match report, who could be punished for their part in the brawl.
[gthumb id=”367305″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi