Tinkerman! Man United’s David Moyes has made a Premier League high 83 team changes this season [Opta Stats]
The Daily Mail have teamed up with football stat gurus Opta to provide an interesting set of statistics on how many team changes each Premier League club have made this season.
The most striking result is that Manchester United, the reigning champions, have seen their line-up switched around 83 times in 24 games.
Moyes’ tinkering, which is 11 more changes then second spot Manchester City have made, can be used as evidence to explain why Manchester United have been so inconsistent this season in the league. For the record, the Red Devils are 7th in the table, 15 points behind leaders Arsenal.
The Daily Mail add:
United have not fielded an unchanged team in the league so far this season and, taking into account matches in all competitions, Moyes has fielded 13 different central midfield combinations and seven different pairings in central defence.
In midfield, to have 13 different central partnerships already this season cannot be explained away as prudent squad rotation – Moyes has simply been unable to work out his strongest two.
Review the data below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs: Marouane Fellaini was a ‘panic buy’October 22, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Luke Shaw has trust issues with Jose Mourinho [Independent]October 28, 2016
- Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool return may trigger Wayne Rooney’s Man United exit [Sun]October 28, 2016
- Man United v Burnley: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 28, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s performance improves after a change of football boots v Man CityOctober 27, 2016