Tinkerman! Man United’s David Moyes has made a Premier League high 83 team changes this season [Opta Stats]
The Daily Mail have teamed up with football stat gurus Opta to provide an interesting set of statistics on how many team changes each Premier League club have made this season.
The most striking result is that Manchester United, the reigning champions, have seen their line-up switched around 83 times in 24 games.
Moyes’ tinkering, which is 11 more changes then second spot Manchester City have made, can be used as evidence to explain why Manchester United have been so inconsistent this season in the league. For the record, the Red Devils are 7th in the table, 15 points behind leaders Arsenal.
The Daily Mail add:
United have not fielded an unchanged team in the league so far this season and, taking into account matches in all competitions, Moyes has fielded 13 different central midfield combinations and seven different pairings in central defence.
In midfield, to have 13 different central partnerships already this season cannot be explained away as prudent squad rotation – Moyes has simply been unable to work out his strongest two.
Review the data below.
Watch Live Stream
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj deal & talks Everton target Lamine KoneAugust 12, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho calls Manchester United’s Europa League group ‘Champions League’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Man United starlet Andreas Pereira joins Granada on a season-long loanAugust 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016