Tinkerman! Man United’s David Moyes has made a Premier League high 83 team changes this season [Opta Stats]
- February 6, 2014
The Daily Mail have teamed up with football stat gurus Opta to provide an interesting set of statistics on how many team changes each Premier League club have made this season.
The most striking result is that Manchester United, the reigning champions, have seen their line-up switched around 83 times in 24 games.
Moyes’ tinkering, which is 11 more changes then second spot Manchester City have made, can be used as evidence to explain why Manchester United have been so inconsistent this season in the league. For the record, the Red Devils are 7th in the table, 15 points behind leaders Arsenal.
The Daily Mail add:
United have not fielded an unchanged team in the league so far this season and, taking into account matches in all competitions, Moyes has fielded 13 different central midfield combinations and seven different pairings in central defence.
In midfield, to have 13 different central partnerships already this season cannot be explained away as prudent squad rotation – Moyes has simply been unable to work out his strongest two.
Review the data below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...