Tinkerman! Man United’s David Moyes has made a Premier League high 83 team changes this season [Opta Stats]
The Daily Mail have teamed up with football stat gurus Opta to provide an interesting set of statistics on how many team changes each Premier League club have made this season.
The most striking result is that Manchester United, the reigning champions, have seen their line-up switched around 83 times in 24 games.
Moyes’ tinkering, which is 11 more changes then second spot Manchester City have made, can be used as evidence to explain why Manchester United have been so inconsistent this season in the league. For the record, the Red Devils are 7th in the table, 15 points behind leaders Arsenal.
The Daily Mail add:
United have not fielded an unchanged team in the league so far this season and, taking into account matches in all competitions, Moyes has fielded 13 different central midfield combinations and seven different pairings in central defence.
In midfield, to have 13 different central partnerships already this season cannot be explained away as prudent squad rotation – Moyes has simply been unable to work out his strongest two.
Review the data below.
Watch Live Stream
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tw...May 24th, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd boss David Moyes speaks about being favourite for the Celtic job (Video)April 20th, 2016
- Newcastle tipped to sack Steve McClaren for ex-Man United boss David Moyes [Telegraph]March 5th, 2016
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Manchester United have made a dizzying offer for Monchi [AS]May 31st, 2016
- Sevilla sporting director Monchi set to leave club, linked with Man United [Tweets]May 30th, 2016
- Manchester United have offered Michael Carrick a one-year contract [Guardian]May 30th, 2016