- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Time to diet? Ukraine president Yanukovych got stuck in his seat as he tried to celebrate a penalty v France
Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych suffered one bad PR moment during an electrifying night for his country on Friday.
Ukraine took a massive step towards reaching next summer’s World Cup with a 2-0 win over France, and the margin of victory was sown up by an Andriy Yarmolenko penalty seven minutes from time.
The penalty was awarded for Laurent Koscielny’s foul on Zozulia inside the area, and after the ref blew his whistle the local TV broadcast caught a moment Viktor Yanukovych would rather forget.
Looking like his butt was too big for his seat, Yanukovych struggled to squeeze his way out of his leather chair in order to enjoy the spot-kick.
Watch Viktor Yanukovych look too fat to get out his seat below.
- Updated: November 16, 2013