- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Tim Sherwood says he will use Lamela & Chadli up front once Defoe leaves for Toronto [video]
In terms of Premier League form, Spurs fans must be pretty chuffed with Tim Sherwood.
The Spurs coach has managed 13 points from 15 in the Premier League and their assault on the top four looks likely in the coming weeks.
After all, despite all the attacking brilliance of Liverpool this season and the 5-0 rout at White Hart Lane, Tottenham are just two points off the Merseyside giants.
During the press conference after the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, Sherwood discussed “desire,” the great form of Nabil Bentaleb and whether he would enter the transfer market in the next month.
Sherwood has constantly said he will not be buying anyone, after Spurs brought in seven players in the summer and he continued to peddle this line after the Palace victory.
Most interestingly, Sherwood said he hoped Erik Lamela and Nacer Chadli will be ready at the end of February so that they can fill in either behind Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor in the final few months of the season.
This should be a boost for two players that have yet to truly excite at Spurs since joining in the summer.
- Updated: January 13, 2014