Tim Sherwood says he will use Lamela & Chadli up front once Defoe leaves for Toronto [video]
- January 13, 2014
In terms of Premier League form, Spurs fans must be pretty chuffed with Tim Sherwood.
The Spurs coach has managed 13 points from 15 in the Premier League and their assault on the top four looks likely in the coming weeks.
After all, despite all the attacking brilliance of Liverpool this season and the 5-0 rout at White Hart Lane, Tottenham are just two points off the Merseyside giants.
During the press conference after the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, Sherwood discussed “desire,” the great form of Nabil Bentaleb and whether he would enter the transfer market in the next month.
Sherwood has constantly said he will not be buying anyone, after Spurs brought in seven players in the summer and he continued to peddle this line after the Palace victory.
Most interestingly, Sherwood said he hoped Erik Lamela and Nacer Chadli will be ready at the end of February so that they can fill in either behind Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor in the final few months of the season.
This should be a boost for two players that have yet to truly excite at Spurs since joining in the summer.
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Marseille are in advanced talks with Tottenham over a deal for Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...