Tiki-Taka Russia style! Azerbaijan made no attempt to score in final seconds v Russia
- October 16, 2013
This is quite simply the worst piece of football on video you will see for a long time.
Not only deathly boring – Tiki-Taka in the title is being ironic – but also questions must be asked why Azerbaijan made absolutely no attempt to win the ball back with just seconds remaining of last night’s World Cup qualifier.
Down to 10-men, Azerbaijan had briefly set the cat amongst the pigeons by equalising, to make it 1-1, through Vagif Cavadov in the 90th minute.
Had Azerbaijan secured an unlikely winner, Portugal would have stood a chance of going through on goal difference as the top team in Group F after their victory over Luxembourg.
Quite why Azerbaijan didn’t move up the pitch and attack the ball is beyond us but something could well be a little fishy here!
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...