- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Tiki-Taka Russia style! Azerbaijan made no attempt to score in final seconds v Russia
This is quite simply the worst piece of football on video you will see for a long time.
Not only deathly boring – Tiki-Taka in the title is being ironic – but also questions must be asked why Azerbaijan made absolutely no attempt to win the ball back with just seconds remaining of last night’s World Cup qualifier.
Down to 10-men, Azerbaijan had briefly set the cat amongst the pigeons by equalising, to make it 1-1, through Vagif Cavadov in the 90th minute.
Had Azerbaijan secured an unlikely winner, Portugal would have stood a chance of going through on goal difference as the top team in Group F after their victory over Luxembourg.
Quite why Azerbaijan didn’t move up the pitch and attack the ball is beyond us but something could well be a little fishy here!
- Updated: October 16, 2013