Threatened by Messi’s return? Misfiring Cristiano Ronaldo lashed the ball away in frustration at final whistle v Osasuna
- January 10, 2014
It’s the worst kept secret in football – Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are locked in a goal-war.
The pair often match up goal for goal on Liga matchdays, clear evidence that they’re very deliberately competing against each other.
Ronaldo made hay while Messi recuperated from injury back in Argentina, scoring goals for fun and clearly enjoying his nemesis’ absence.
With Messi returning to action this week – and scoring a brace – Ronaldo’s body language was notably more tense during Madrid’s match against Osasuna last night.
Cristiano missed a host of chances he would normally tuck away with his eyes closed, and was so intent on making amends that he returned straight to the centre circle without celebrating with Jese after setting him up for the night’s second goal.
By the end of the game, Ronaldo cut a frustrated figure, lashing the ball away in anger at full-time – in spite of Madrid winning 2-0.
Watch Spanish TV’s Ronaldo-Cam showing his frustrated performance against Osasuna last night on the clip below.
Threatened by Messi’s return much?
- Cristiano Ronaldo pays €30,000 for Wax Statue of himself
- The Sun stitch up Cristiano Ronaldo, Brazilian woman claims she had affair when he was ...
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his greatest fear [Libero Interview]
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi inadvertently photobombing Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral (Picture)
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...