This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
Watch Live Stream
- Shkodran Mustafi’s gives first interview since signing for Arsenal from Valencia (Video)August 30, 2016
- Calum Chambers joins Middlesbrough on loan from ArsenalAugust 30, 2016
- Brilliant: Shkodran Mustafi trolls Arsenal fan that didn’t believe he would sign (Video)August 30, 2016
- Werder Bremen agree €5m deal + bonuses with Arsenal for Serge Gnabry [BILD]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger hints at Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi signing for Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s instalments bid of £17m for Lucas Perez rejected by Deportivo [Cadena Ser]August 25, 2016