This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
- February 21, 2014
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi