This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
Watch Live Stream
- Hector Bellerin & Dele Alli take on 5-shot challenge with Copa 90 (Videos)October 27, 2016
- This is the most ridiculous Mesut Ozil transfer story you’re going to read todayOctober 27, 2016
- Man United and Liverpool stars called up to Holland squadOctober 27, 2016
- Spanish media announce bad news concerning Arsenal’s Lucas PerezOctober 27, 2016
- Arsene Wenger gives a fan bad news about Theo Walcott [Instagram Video]October 26, 2016
- Koscielny thanks Wenger for ‘having balls’ to sign him when he was nobody [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsene Wenger imagines what a chat with God will be like when he dies [Guardian]October 22, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016