This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
- February 21, 2014
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...