This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- Arsene Wenger was in a cheeky mood ahead of Basel v Arsenal (video)December 6, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016