- Individual Highlights: Ander Herrera (Man United U21s) v Blackburn
- Sergio Aguero on his stunning Man City hat-trick v Bayern Munich [video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hits back at Sergio Ramos’ Spain criticisms: ‘Say it to my face!’ [Sport]
- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
This week Arsenal chalked up their 100th red card under Arsene Wenger. Here are all the stats [Graphics]
Aside from arguably torpedoing Arsenal’s Champions League hopes this season, Wojciech Szczesny’s red card for the Gunners against Bayern Munich brought up an unsavoury stat for Arsene Wenger.
The dismissal of Arsenal’s Polish keeper was the 100th red card Wenger has seen during his tenure at Highbury and the Emirates.
Data has now been pulled to look at Arsenal’s red cards under Wenger, and some interesting facts have been discovered.
Arsenal have had nine players sent off against Manchester United in all competitions under Arsene Wnger, while Patrick Vieira collected the most red cards during the reign of Wenger with nine dismissals overall.
By comparison, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was in charge of Man United for 1500 games, only saw 49 players get red carded on his watch.
Below are a series of graphics looking into the detail of Arsenal’s 100 dismissals under Wenger, including a definitive list of all the red cards per game.
- Updated: February 21, 2014