- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
This is what you call zero tolerance to racism: Udinese’s Danilo sentenced to a year in prison
- Updated: January 10, 2013
The scourge of racism has been distressingly more prevalent in recent seasons, however the past few days have seen something of a fightback in the right direction.
Kevin Prince Boateng attracted worldwide attention and acclaim when he stormed off the pitch in an AC Milan friendly match after Pro Patria ultras racially abused him.
Now a Brazilian court has also made a stand against racism delivering a serious sentence against Udinese defender Danilo.
Danilo, 28, was on trial in Brazil in relation to a deplorable incident from 2010. Back then, when Danilo played for Palmeiras, he was caught spitting in the face of Atletico Paranaense player Manoel and calling him “macaco” – a monkey – by television cameras.
Danilo admitted his crimes to local police at the time of the incident, and on Wednesday a Sao Paulo court found the footballer guilty of racism. The sentence was a year’s imprisonment.
Whether Danilo will actually go behind bars is unlikely. The player is set to appeal the sentencing, and most believe a large fine will be awarded in those hearings.
Danilo has played 16 times for Udinese this season, scoring two goals.
Watch Danilo’s criminal behaviour towards Manoel form 2010 below.