This is the alleged deliberate booking that got Blackburn’s DJ Campbell arrested for match fixing vs Ipswich
- December 10, 2013
— aaron spicer (@spicer19) December 10, 2013
The Sun broke shocking news on Monday that Blackburn Rovers striker DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing charges for an incident which took place against Ipswich.
DJ Campbell was one of six players questioned in connection to allegations of spot fixing in football matches.
Campbell, a 32-year-old striker, is by far the most well known of the group having played in the Premier League for Blackpool, QPR and Birmingham.
The source of the match fixing allegation surrounding DJ Campbell centres on a yellow card he picked up last Tuesday in the Championship match between Ipswich and Blackburn.
Blackburn lost 3-1 with Campbell booked in the 25th minute for a horribly late challenge on Aaron Cresswell by the touchline.
As noted by the commentator at the time, Campbell’s rash tackle on Cresswell was his second poor foul in the game in the opening 23 minutes.
Watch the footage of the alleged deliberate booking that got Blackburn’s DJ Campbell arrested for match fixing vs Ipswich.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]