This is how Landon Donovan reacted to being left out of the USA World Cup squad
You have to feel for Landon Donovan.
The 32-year-old will surely not play in the World Cup again having been left out of Jurgen Klinsmann’s 23-man World Cup squad.
It was a huge call from Klinsmann and will likely be dissected aplenty in the coming weeks, especially if Team America struggle in an almost impossible group.
Group G features Germany, Portugal, USA and Ghana so Donovan’s experience and pace would surely have come in useful, even off the bench.
Before LA Galaxy training on Saturday, Landon Donovan gave his thoughts on the World Cup snub.
Donovan said: “I absolutely deserved to be going to Brazil” and comes across as hugely disappointed.
- Zing: Steven Gerrard jokes about former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez on BT Sport (Video)
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard: Chelsea don’t have major problems (Video)
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard admits he’s dreaming of becoming a manager (Video)
- Robbie Keane scores brace as LA Galaxy smash New York City 5-1 (Videos)
- Tottenham’s Cameron Carter-Vickers on target for America’s U23 (Official Vi...
- Retired USA international Jimmy Conrad takes on TV host in real-life FIFA skill games (...
- Neymar pulled off an awesome dummy in build-up to Rafinha goal v USA (Videos)
- TV Azteca have produced an awesome promo for Mexico v USA, heavily featuring Donald Tru...