- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
This is how former Arsenal joker Emmanuel Frimpong got sent off on Barnsley debut
- February 1, 2014
Even after leaving Arsenal for relegation threatened Barnsley, in the Championship, Emmanuel Frimpong continues to hog headlines.
Just 30 minutes into Frimpong’s debut, the Ghana midfielder was sent off versus Sheffield Wednesday for two bookable offences.
And, whilst the video above may not be of the highest quality, it suggests something is amiss in Frimpong’s head.
If the former Arsenal joker was on a booking – what the hell was he doing going to ground by the corner flag?!
It also appears that Frimpong remonstrates with referee Andre Marriner…
What planet is he on!
Some choice Tweets mocking Frimpong’s woeful Barnsley debut are below.
No wonder Arsene Wenger was so keen to get rid of Frimpong!
RED CARD! Frimpong's debut is over as he gets a second yellow card after 30 minutes. 0-0 #SWFCVBFC
— Barnsley FC (@bfc_official) February 1, 2014
Dench debut from Frimpong. "Soft with the ladies and hard with the men init" pic.twitter.com/eQ8T69EsV4
— Sunday League Footy (@SundayChants) February 1, 2014
— BBC Sporf (@BBCSporf) February 1, 2014
Frimpong has been given a red card half an hour into his Barnsley debut. Ah well, gives him a little more time to 'draw girls'
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) February 1, 2014
Frimpong currently having an early bath to get d(r)enched #fls
— Manish Bhasin (@_manishbhasin) February 1, 2014