- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
- Golazo! Sheffield Wednesday U18 star Jonathan Fusco (17) scores long range beauty [Video]
- Fulham’s Lasse Vigen Christensen ran the full pitch to score v Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Barcelona SC’s Alex Bolanos sent off v Emelec for a horror tackle on his brother Miller Bolanos [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson explains Fergie time – “I never looked at my watch” [Video]
Thierry Henry is donating $5k to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls
As they say in Yiddish, Thierry Henry is a mensch.
Without much fuss or fanfare, a simple tweet on Wednesday announced that Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season.
Henry will give his donations to international nonprofit organisation Grassroot Soccer, who harness the power of football to educate, inspire, and empower communities to stop the spread of HIV.
Along with Henry’s personal donations, investment bank Goldman Sachs have also agreed to donate $5000 to the charity for every goal the Frenchman scores this season also.
Last season Henry scored 15 goals for the Red Bulls, while the former Arsenal star has already bagged 7 goals in 20 appearances this campaign.
- Updated: August 8, 2013