Thierry Henry is donating $5k to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls
- August 8, 2013
As they say in Yiddish, Thierry Henry is a mensch.
Without much fuss or fanfare, a simple tweet on Wednesday announced that Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season.
Henry will give his donations to international nonprofit organisation Grassroot Soccer, who harness the power of football to educate, inspire, and empower communities to stop the spread of HIV.
Along with Henry’s personal donations, investment bank Goldman Sachs have also agreed to donate $5000 to the charity for every goal the Frenchman scores this season also.
Last season Henry scored 15 goals for the Red Bulls, while the former Arsenal star has already bagged 7 goals in 20 appearances this campaign.
- New York Red Bulls score from a super sneaky and illegal corner v Chicago Fire, goal st...
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard nutmegged in build-up to NY Red Bulls goal (Video)
- NYRB’s fans produce a giant comic banner mocking NYCFC’s Frank Lampard ...
- Shaun Wright-Phillips bagged brilliant assist for his brother on his NY Red Bulls debut...
- Jose Mourinho thought NY Red Bulls were too aggressive for a pre-season game (Video)
- New York Red Bulls beat Chelsea 4-2 (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...