Thierry Henry is donating $5k to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls
As they say in Yiddish, Thierry Henry is a mensch.
Without much fuss or fanfare, a simple tweet on Wednesday announced that Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season.
Henry will give his donations to international nonprofit organisation Grassroot Soccer, who harness the power of football to educate, inspire, and empower communities to stop the spread of HIV.
Along with Henry’s personal donations, investment bank Goldman Sachs have also agreed to donate $5000 to the charity for every goal the Frenchman scores this season also.
Last season Henry scored 15 goals for the Red Bulls, while the former Arsenal star has already bagged 7 goals in 20 appearances this campaign.
- New York Red Bulls keeper Luis Robles made a sensational double save v Portland Timbers...
- David Accam (Chicago Fire) destroys NYRB defender in one-on-one before scoring (GIF)
- New York Red Bulls score from a super sneaky and illegal corner v Chicago Fire, goal st...
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard nutmegged in build-up to NY Red Bulls goal (Video)
- Thierry Henry on why he loves Arsenal v Manchester United (Video)
- Caen’s Manu Imorou asks Arsenal hero Thierry Henry for advice after ripping up h...
- Thierry Henry praises Mathieu Flamini’s MOTM performance for Arsenal v Spurs (Video)
- Thierry Henry kept getting frustrated in the Sky chat after Man United beat Liverpool (...