Thierry Henry is donating $5k to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls
- August 8, 2013
As they say in Yiddish, Thierry Henry is a mensch.
Without much fuss or fanfare, a simple tweet on Wednesday announced that Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season.
Henry will give his donations to international nonprofit organisation Grassroot Soccer, who harness the power of football to educate, inspire, and empower communities to stop the spread of HIV.
Along with Henry’s personal donations, investment bank Goldman Sachs have also agreed to donate $5000 to the charity for every goal the Frenchman scores this season also.
Last season Henry scored 15 goals for the Red Bulls, while the former Arsenal star has already bagged 7 goals in 20 appearances this campaign.
- Shaun Wright-Phillips bagged brilliant assist for his brother on his NY Red Bulls debut...
- Jose Mourinho thought NY Red Bulls were too aggressive for a pre-season game (Video)
- New York Red Bulls beat Chelsea 4-2 (Highlights)
- New York Red Bulls v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- NY Red Bulls troll New York City FC ahead of derby kick off with excellent tifo [Picture]
- Steven Gerrard’s stamp v Man United looked fair compared to a nasty stamp in the ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi