Thierry Henry is donating $5k to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls
As they say in Yiddish, Thierry Henry is a mensch.
Without much fuss or fanfare, a simple tweet on Wednesday announced that Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season.
Henry will give his donations to international nonprofit organisation Grassroot Soccer, who harness the power of football to educate, inspire, and empower communities to stop the spread of HIV.
Along with Henry’s personal donations, investment bank Goldman Sachs have also agreed to donate $5000 to the charity for every goal the Frenchman scores this season also.
Last season Henry scored 15 goals for the Red Bulls, while the former Arsenal star has already bagged 7 goals in 20 appearances this campaign.
Watch Live Stream
- New York Red Bulls crush New York City 7-0 as Frank Lampard is booed by own fans (Videos)May 22, 2016
- Horrendous assault in the USL: Romeo Parkes attacks Karl Ouimette from behind (video)May 8, 2016
- New York Red Bulls’ tremendously elaborate free-kick routine leads to a goal (Video)April 30, 2016
- Done Deal: Chelsea sign Matt Miazga from the New York Red Bulls, his 1st interview (Video)January 30, 2016
- Thierry Henry insists Wayne Rooney dived during ‘Battle of the Buffet’ (Video)November 19, 2016
- Romelu Lukaku says Belgium coach Thierry Henry can be ‘demanding’November 10, 2016
- Thierry Henry waxes lyrical about Joe Allen after sublime display for Stoke v Swansea (Video)October 31, 2016
- Banter: Manchester United make epic reply to Antony Martial’s Thierry Henry TweetOctober 14, 2016