Thibaut Courtois updates his Twitter account: Removes ‘Atletico Madrid’, adds ‘Chelsea Goalkeeper’
After three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid, Thibaut Courtois is finally coming back to his parent club, to be a part of the Chelsea team.
There was a lot of ‘Will-He-Won’t-He’ speculation surrounding Courtois’ future over the summer; having won La Liga and the hearts of Atleti fans over his 3 years, there was a feeling he may stay in Spain.
But having been given assurances by Mourinho that he’ll be his Number 1 keeper ahead of Petr Cech, Courtois decided on Chelsea and and a crack at the Premier League.
And the Belgian’s now officialised it with a symbolic gesture, updating his Twitter account to ‘Chelsea keeper’, and removing all mention of Atletico.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- The expected goals Premier League table: Chelsea & Arsenal impressDecember 7, 2016
- Kurt Zouma posts video of David Luiz joking around at Chelsea trainingDecember 7, 2016
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola talks through that goal against Norwich (video)December 7, 2016
- Antonio Conte shows off great Tekkers in Chelsea training (video)December 6, 2016
- Chelsea fans need not worry about The Sun’s Thibaut Courtois story todayNovember 27, 2016
- The Sun challenge the Telegraph with a negative story about Chelsea’s Thibaut CourtoisNovember 27, 2016
- Two of Chelsea’s best players set to agree new deals [Telegraph]November 24, 2016
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016