Thibaut Courtois updates his Twitter account: Removes ‘Atletico Madrid’, adds ‘Chelsea Goalkeeper’
- July 19, 2014
After three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid, Thibaut Courtois is finally coming back to his parent club, to be a part of the Chelsea team.
There was a lot of ‘Will-He-Won’t-He’ speculation surrounding Courtois’ future over the summer; having won La Liga and the hearts of Atleti fans over his 3 years, there was a feeling he may stay in Spain.
But having been given assurances by Mourinho that he’ll be his Number 1 keeper ahead of Petr Cech, Courtois decided on Chelsea and and a crack at the Premier League.
And the Belgian’s now officialised it with a symbolic gesture, updating his Twitter account to ‘Chelsea keeper’, and removing all mention of Atletico.
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Sevilla announce agreement to sign Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Atletico Madrid legend Miranda reflects on his time at the club before Inter move [Video]
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi