Thibaut Courtois updates his Twitter account: Removes ‘Atletico Madrid’, adds ‘Chelsea Goalkeeper’
- July 19, 2014
After three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid, Thibaut Courtois is finally coming back to his parent club, to be a part of the Chelsea team.
There was a lot of ‘Will-He-Won’t-He’ speculation surrounding Courtois’ future over the summer; having won La Liga and the hearts of Atleti fans over his 3 years, there was a feeling he may stay in Spain.
But having been given assurances by Mourinho that he’ll be his Number 1 keeper ahead of Petr Cech, Courtois decided on Chelsea and and a crack at the Premier League.
And the Belgian’s now officialised it with a symbolic gesture, updating his Twitter account to ‘Chelsea keeper’, and removing all mention of Atletico.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...