Thiago + Villa + €4m = Rooney: Sport suggest another Barcelona-Manchester United swap deal
On Sunday, Sport suggested Barcelona were working on a swap deal involving David Villa and Wayne Rooney, now on Monday, the Catalan paper have splashed their front cover with the England striker (again) and a new claim.
According to Sport, Barcelona are very seriously working on a deal with Manchester United that would see Thiago Alcantara and David Villa head to Old Trafford with Wayne Rooney going the other way.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is enthused by the prospect of bringing Wayne Rooney to the Nou Camp and Manchester United seem more likely to sell to a foreign side than either Arsenal or Chelsea in the Premier League.
Thiago Alcantara, who looks set to join Manchester United this week is valued at 18 million euros. David Villa, also expected to leave Barcelona this summer is thought to be worth 8 million euros, by Sport.
Wayne Rooney, is perhaps undervalued at 30 million euros but perhaps if he forces a move from Manchester United, this could be a realistic price.
Which would leave just four million euros left to make up the difference to secure one of the most high-profile football swap deals of all time.
Whilst you could believe that Barcelona are looking to soften the blow of losing Thiago Alcantara due to a clause in his contract, it is questionable whether Manchester United boss David Moyes wants David Villa.
Plus, Wayne Rooney may well receive better financial terms at one of the French clubs, PSG and Monaco, that could also sway his decision.
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Arda Turan bags assist for Turkey, looking sharp despite only training with Barça (Video)
- Andrea Pirlo & David Villa go for a night ride in a convertible with three girls i...
- NYCFC’s Andrea Pirlo almost scored olimpico, Chelsea hero Frank Lampard chalked u...
- Stop It Pirlo: Maestro produces sublime assist for David Villa in NYC’s win v DC ...
- Andrea Pirlo bags 1st MLS assist, setting up David Villa to score for NYC v DC (videos)
- Legendary Man United flop Bebe isn’t ruling out a return to the club (Quotes)
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson backs Wayne Rooney to find form (Quotes)
- Man United star Juan Mata says club must improve after recent wobble [Mirror]
- Fail: Adidas screw up their Man United retro kit promo as model wears Chelsea tracksuit...