Thiago Silva urges Brazil to win the World Cup for injured Neymar
- July 5, 2014
Brazil captain Thiago Silva has urged his Brazil teammates to win the World Cup for fallen comrade Neymar.
Neymar, the maestro of the Brazil side, has been ruled out of the rest of the tournament with a back injury he picked up against Colombia and Silva has encouraged his side to turn this blow into an inspirational catalyst for success.
Originally reported by the BBC, Silva told reporters: “Neymar is very important for our group, we depend a lot on him. But potentially this situation can mark a revolution for us, like ‘let’s win the Cup for Neymar’.”
Silva, who scored the opening goal in the 2-1 victory over Colombia, will also be absent from the semi-final against Germany after picking up a booking in the game.
Although Neymar had four goals to his name, he had not scored in the knockout stages of the World Cup.
Watch Live Stream
- Santos wonderkid ‘Gabigol’ scores on international debut for Brazil (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Allan Rodrigues de Souza scores a winner for Brazil U20 v France (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Rivaldo warns that people coming to Brazil this summer are putting their lives at riskMay 11th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo rings the MSN for advice ahead of Champions League final (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Pat Nevin is a huge fan of Marcus Rashford, compares him to Neymar (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Brilliant fan footage of Leo Messi’s 2nd assist for Neymar in Copa del Rey final (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Silva reveals Zlatan Ibrahimovic dumped an AC Milan teammate in the bin (Video)April 5th, 2016
- Thiago Silva celebrated PSG’s Ligue 1 title with a young supporter (Video)March 14th, 2016
- Paris Saint-Germain captain Thiago Silva speaks about his battle with Tuberculosis (Video)November 13th, 2015
- Thiago Silva says Cristiano Ronaldo will join PSG [RMC]November 8th, 2015