Thiago Silva urges Brazil to win the World Cup for injured Neymar
- July 5, 2014
Brazil captain Thiago Silva has urged his Brazil teammates to win the World Cup for fallen comrade Neymar.
Neymar, the maestro of the Brazil side, has been ruled out of the rest of the tournament with a back injury he picked up against Colombia and Silva has encouraged his side to turn this blow into an inspirational catalyst for success.
Originally reported by the BBC, Silva told reporters: “Neymar is very important for our group, we depend a lot on him. But potentially this situation can mark a revolution for us, like ‘let’s win the Cup for Neymar’.”
Silva, who scored the opening goal in the 2-1 victory over Colombia, will also be absent from the semi-final against Germany after picking up a booking in the game.
Although Neymar had four goals to his name, he had not scored in the knockout stages of the World Cup.
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Brazil v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi