- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
Thiago Alcantara’s future to be decided this week: Man United favourites, Bayern still interested
El Mundo Deportivo report this Monday morning that Thiago Alcantara’s future will be decided this week with the Spain Under-21 star mulling over three options.
The favourites to sign Thiago are Manchester United who have been heavily linked with the Barcelona midfielder who can leave the Nou Camp for 18 million euros due to a clause in his contract having not played the requisite amount of La Liga matches last season.
Manchester United boss David Moyes is, according to the Catalan paper, keen to get his squad in shape for the start of pre-season in July and the Premier League champions are eager to wrap up a deal for Thiago this week.
United’s pre-season tour of Asia begins in mid-July and Moyes wants Thiago to be part of his Manchester United squad by then.
Bayern Munich are also mulling over a move for Thiago. New coach Pep Guardiola will be unveiled at the Allianz Arena today and with pre-season starting tomorrow for last season’s treble winners, a bid for Mazinho’s son is expected this week.
Finally, staying at Barcelona cannot be ruled out but El Mundo Deportivo suggest that Thiago has heard nothing from the club and his representatives are surprised the La Liga champions have not made more of an effort in recent days.
Thiago’s decision will be made public this week. If Manchester United or Bayern Munich do bag the playmaker for just 18 million euros it will be one of the signings of the decade.
- Updated: June 24, 2013