Thiago Alcantara’s future to be decided this week: Man United favourites, Bayern still interested
- June 24, 2013
El Mundo Deportivo report this Monday morning that Thiago Alcantara’s future will be decided this week with the Spain Under-21 star mulling over three options.
The favourites to sign Thiago are Manchester United who have been heavily linked with the Barcelona midfielder who can leave the Nou Camp for 18 million euros due to a clause in his contract having not played the requisite amount of La Liga matches last season.
Manchester United boss David Moyes is, according to the Catalan paper, keen to get his squad in shape for the start of pre-season in July and the Premier League champions are eager to wrap up a deal for Thiago this week.
United’s pre-season tour of Asia begins in mid-July and Moyes wants Thiago to be part of his Manchester United squad by then.
Bayern Munich are also mulling over a move for Thiago. New coach Pep Guardiola will be unveiled at the Allianz Arena today and with pre-season starting tomorrow for last season’s treble winners, a bid for Mazinho’s son is expected this week.
Finally, staying at Barcelona cannot be ruled out but El Mundo Deportivo suggest that Thiago has heard nothing from the club and his representatives are surprised the La Liga champions have not made more of an effort in recent days.
Thiago’s decision will be made public this week. If Manchester United or Bayern Munich do bag the playmaker for just 18 million euros it will be one of the signings of the decade.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...