Thiago Alcantara rejected Real Madrid advances; excited for Man United challenge [Sport]
- July 10, 2013
Thiago Alcantara once again finds himself on the front of Catalan paper Sport today with the news that the Spain Under-21 midfielder flat out refused an approach from Real Madrid and is keen for the challenge at Manchester United.
In recent weeks, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez made initial advances towards Thiago, believing a move for the midfielder would soften the blow of Barcelona signing Neymar this summer.
Perez began investigating a move to pay off Thiago’s 18 million euro release clause and bring the Barcelona midfielder to the Bernabeu along with Spanish Under-21 team mate Isco.
But, Thiago and his advisers, including his father Mazinho, were not interested in moving to Real Madrid, especially as this would be seen as “revenge” at the Nou Camp.
Sport add that Manchester United are the club that excites Thiago the most and he has been reassured a starting spot in David Moyes’ side.
Bayern Munich remain in the hunt for Thiago and are eyeing developments, but if Manchester United activate the 18 million euro release clause, a deal could happen at any time.
Meanwhile, after Thiago’s rejection, Real Madrid turned their attentions to Thiago’s Spanish Under-21 team mate Asier Illarramendi.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi