There were six (!) red cards & ultras hurled smoke bombs at riot police as CSKA beat Levski in the Sofia derby
- March 8, 2014
Saturday in Bulgaria saw a fierce, violent match take place in the Sofia derby as CSKA won 1-0 at bitter rivals Levski.
Emil Gargorov got the winner for CSKA with a 69th minute penalty, however the match will be remembered for six red cards and a shocking battle between CSKA ultras and riot police.
Each side were reduced by a man through careless fouls in the 90 minutes, while four players – two from each side – collected dismissals in injury time after a late fight between the warring factions.
The battles continued in the stands were CSKA Sofia ultras hurled smoke bombs at riot police in scary scenes.
Watch highlights of Levski’s 1-0, six red card thriller win against CSKA, plus the footage of fans fighting police in the stands.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi