There were six (!) red cards & ultras hurled smoke bombs at riot police as CSKA beat Levski in the Sofia derby
- March 8, 2014
Saturday in Bulgaria saw a fierce, violent match take place in the Sofia derby as CSKA won 1-0 at bitter rivals Levski.
Emil Gargorov got the winner for CSKA with a 69th minute penalty, however the match will be remembered for six red cards and a shocking battle between CSKA ultras and riot police.
Each side were reduced by a man through careless fouls in the 90 minutes, while four players – two from each side – collected dismissals in injury time after a late fight between the warring factions.
The battles continued in the stands were CSKA Sofia ultras hurled smoke bombs at riot police in scary scenes.
Watch highlights of Levski’s 1-0, six red card thriller win against CSKA, plus the footage of fans fighting police in the stands.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...