There was a big banner saying “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team” at the United States friendly
America’s friendly with the Ukraine was switched to Cyprus earlier in the week when it became apparent that the political and security situation in the Ukraine wasn’t suited to holding a high profile football match.
Despite moving the game to Nicosia, a group of Ukrainians made the trip to support their team.
The Ukraine supporters brought with then several big flags of their country, while they also hung a prominent banner which read “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team”.
Just before the Ukraine scored their second goal, a group of supporters also held up placards which read “No War In Ukraine”.
The pictures of the Ukrainian supporters at the match v America below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ukraine v Poland: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016
- Tragic: Northern Ireland fan dies in stands during 2-0 win over UkraineJune 16, 2016
- Heroic: Northern Ireland record historic 2-0 win over Ukraine [Best Tweets]June 16, 2016
- Ukraine v Northern Ireland: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 14, 2016
- US Soccer terminates Hope Solo’s national team contract, keeper respondsAugust 25, 2016
- Brazil crowd boo American goalie Hope Solo, troll her with ‘Zika’ chants (Official Video)August 4, 2016
- Insane 35 man brawl ensues during U19 match between Bahrain and USA (Video)August 2, 2016
- Chelsea players struggle through quiz on USA ahead of pre-season tour (Video)July 25, 2016