- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
There was a big banner saying “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team” at the United States friendly
America’s friendly with the Ukraine was switched to Cyprus earlier in the week when it became apparent that the political and security situation in the Ukraine wasn’t suited to holding a high profile football match.
Despite moving the game to Nicosia, a group of Ukrainians made the trip to support their team.
The Ukraine supporters brought with then several big flags of their country, while they also hung a prominent banner which read “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team”.
Just before the Ukraine scored their second goal, a group of supporters also held up placards which read “No War In Ukraine”.
The pictures of the Ukrainian supporters at the match v America below.
- Updated: March 5, 2014