- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
There was a big banner saying “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team” at the United States friendly
America’s friendly with the Ukraine was switched to Cyprus earlier in the week when it became apparent that the political and security situation in the Ukraine wasn’t suited to holding a high profile football match.
Despite moving the game to Nicosia, a group of Ukrainians made the trip to support their team.
The Ukraine supporters brought with then several big flags of their country, while they also hung a prominent banner which read “Ukraine is Undivided – One Country, One Team”.
Just before the Ukraine scored their second goal, a group of supporters also held up placards which read “No War In Ukraine”.
The pictures of the Ukrainian supporters at the match v America below.
- Updated: March 5, 2014