The worst decision of the weekend! How did Stoke win a late penalty v Swansea?!
“The referees are not allowed to say anything and I have to be careful what I say otherwise I will get a fine or a sanction. Of course we can all make mistakes and say we are sorry, the players can do the same. But it would be nice if the referee said ‘sorry it was a mistake’. Maybe it hit Wayne’s arm. But it is not always handball if it touches you. Like I say, whenever there is a handball there are players trying to do something to make the referee give handball. But there were seven Stoke players in the box, none of them asking for the penalty.” – Michael Laudrup.
The worst referee decision of the weekend came at Swansea versus Stoke on Sunday and referee Robert Madley has a lot of explaining to do…
Swansea had turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 lead against Stoke, chiefly thanks to a brace from Wilfried Bony.
In the final seconds of second half injury time Stoke poured men forward and attacked with a succession of set pieces.
Robert Huth won a header, knocked it down and Madley saw an infringement.
Was it a handball from Wayne Routledge, or perhaps Angel Rangel, either way it was a terrible decision.
Especially if you look at the view Madley had of the incident, see picture above.
Video of the match can be seen below, with the scandalous penalty decision coming towards the end of the clip.
Before the video is Angel Rangel’s brilliant/furious reaction to the late penalty call.
Watch Live Stream
- Peter Crouch makes brilliant joke at his own expense after compliment from Twitter userOctober 23, 2016
- Glen Johnson is injured & an update on Stoke’s Joe AllenOctober 14, 2016
- Stoke star Bojan Krkic scored a glorious goal in the Pope’s peace match (video)October 13, 2016
- Joe Allen says it was tough for him to score against Man United (video)October 9, 2016
- Arsenal post video of Alex Iwobi’s incredible dribbling skills v Swansea (Video)October 18, 2016
- MOTD pundits not impressed with on fire Arsenal forward Theo Walcott [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- Famous Wenger critic DT asks if Arsenal are riding their luck (video)October 15, 2016
- Granit Xhaka celebrates Arsenal win over Swansea on Instagram, no mention of red cardOctober 15, 2016