The world starts eating bananas in support of Dani Alves ft Spurs & Man City stars, Sky Germany & more
- April 28, 2014
The hashtags of the day are #somotodosmacacos and #weareallmonkeys.
Dani Alves began a worldwide trend in the battle against racism on Sunday night when the Barcelona full-back took a bite out of a banana chucked in his direction in a deplorable racist act.
Immediately after Alves’ superb reaction to the vile abuse a host of stars, mainly from Brazil, started posting pictures with bananas in support of the Barca defender.
The rally behind the surge of racism has gathered pace on Monday, with people from around the globe taking photos with bananas in support of the fight against racism.
Tottenham players Nacer Chadli and Mousa Dembele got involved, as did Man City’s Sergio Aguero and female Brazilian superstar Marta.
TV presenters from Spain and Sky Germany also jumped into the mix, plus Mario Balotelli’s girlfriend Fanny Neguesha, as the photos began pouring out.
See the latest batch of photos, including pictures of Spurs and Man City players, getting involved in #somotodosmacacos campaign below.
— Sergio Aguero (@aguerosergiokun) April 28, 2014
— Kevin (@algo_pequenito) April 28, 2014
Spanish tv presenter eats banana in support of Alves – "I'm also a monkey" pic.twitter.com/ijUUkFCWDx
— R.I.P TITO (@fcb_OneTouch) April 28, 2014
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]