- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
The World Cup goes up in flames in Brazil, literally [Pictures]
Is this an omen for the upcoming World Cup?
Leading Brazilian news agency Globo have got hold of a story of a six foot replica World Cup trophy which has gone up in flames in Teresopolis.
The location of the incident is relevant as it’s right next to the Brazilian training facilities for the upcoming competition.
Six days before the players arrive, a giant Jules Rimet trophy has been burnt to ruin just one week after it was erected.
The fire department believes that a short circuit in the lighting system part caused the fire.
See pictures of the World Cup statue before, during and after it caught fire, below.
- Updated: May 20, 2014