- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
The World Cup goes up in flames in Brazil, literally [Pictures]
Is this an omen for the upcoming World Cup?
Leading Brazilian news agency Globo have got hold of a story of a six foot replica World Cup trophy which has gone up in flames in Teresopolis.
The location of the incident is relevant as it’s right next to the Brazilian training facilities for the upcoming competition.
Six days before the players arrive, a giant Jules Rimet trophy has been burnt to ruin just one week after it was erected.
The fire department believes that a short circuit in the lighting system part caused the fire.
See pictures of the World Cup statue before, during and after it caught fire, below.
- Updated: May 20, 2014