The World Cup goes up in flames in Brazil, literally [Pictures]
- May 20, 2014
Is this an omen for the upcoming World Cup?
Leading Brazilian news agency Globo have got hold of a story of a six foot replica World Cup trophy which has gone up in flames in Teresopolis.
The location of the incident is relevant as it’s right next to the Brazilian training facilities for the upcoming competition.
Six days before the players arrive, a giant Jules Rimet trophy has been burnt to ruin just one week after it was erected.
The fire department believes that a short circuit in the lighting system part caused the fire.
See pictures of the World Cup statue before, during and after it caught fire, below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...