The Video: Arsenal fans sweat on Mesut Ozil after the German is forced off by injury against Sweden
- October 16, 2013
Arsenal fans are worried this Wednesday after marquee summer signing Mesut Ozil limped off during Germany’s 5-3 win in Sweden on Tuesday.
Ozil, playing on his 25th birthday, picked up a reported knee problem in the final 10 minutes of the World Cup qualifier after he pulled up following a seemingly innocuous challenge when tracking back a Swedish opponent.
Ozil immediately began hopping after tweaking his left leg, and moments later the Arsenal star was hunched over in pain as it became clear his game was prematurely over.
Worryingly for Gunners fans Ozil then slumped to the floor as he appeared unable to put weight on his leg, and seconds later the Arsenal playmaker was subbed for starlet Julien Draxler. Once hooked off the pitch, Ozil gingerly walked off the pitch straight down the tunnel and into the changing room for treatment.
Ozil is no a major doubt for Arsenal’s match with Norwich this weekend in the Premier League.
Watch Mesut Ozil’s injury v Sweden below.
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Kuwaiti Chelsea fan burns Petr Cech’s shirt after keeper’s move to Arsenal ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi