- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
The under sixty seconds golazo: Mustafa Dana (TuS Haltern) vs Schalke
- May 10, 2012
German semi-professional team TuS Haltern celebrated their 130-year anniversary this week in a glamour fixture with FC Schalke.
Schalke arrived with a full complement of stars in their entourage: Raul, the biggest draw, mingled with the fans as he took the night off, while the likes of Jermaine Jones, Julian Draxler and Teemu Pukki all played in the exhibition game.
But away from the showbiz and the celebratory factor, the occasion was marked by a sublime goal scored by birthday boys TuS Haltern, and incredibly it came straight from kick-off.
Having retained possession back to their keeper, the Haltern goalie booted it towards the centre-circle where it bounced into the path of forward Mustafa Dana. Then, beautifully ignoring any respect he should have for the opposition, Dana chipped a brilliant 30-yarder over keeper Lars Unnerstall and into the net.
The first time a Schalke player touched the ball is when keeper Unnerstall was retrieving it from his net.
Related News: After their Haltern friendly, Schalke flew to America to take on Philadelphia in another end of season match, however not everything went to plan.
In bad news for the Dutch ahead of Euro 2012, striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar needed to be escorted off the pitch before later spending the night in hospital after receiving a concussion on the pitch.
Bet £10 Get £30 Free!
The under-60 seconds golazo: Mustafa Dana (TuS Haltern) vs Schalke
- May 10, 2012
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”180288″]