The Tweets: The Mirror say Mourinho’s 1st Chelsea signing will be ex-Blackburn boss Steve Kean
- May 7, 2013
Steve Kean. Really?!
The Mirror splash an extraordinary story on their backpage this Tuesday claiming that Jose Mourinho will hire Steve Kean to become his assistant at Chelsea.
Kean’s reputation was put through the shredder during his awful spell in charge of Blackburn Rovers, however the Mirror suggest that the Special One will nevertheless appoint Kean as his number two when he returns to Stamford Bridge this summer.
The truth is, this isn’t the first time that Chelsea have pursued Steve Kean.
Back in 2008, the then Coventry City assistant manager Kean, who is fluent in Portuguese, was mooted for a coaching role at Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Chelsea.
Copies of the backpage of the Mirror and a BBC report linking Kean to the Blues back in 2008 can be seen below, along with some Tweets on the transfer rumour of the day.
Steve Kean alongside Mourinho? Must be a late April Fool’s.
— ChampionsLeague.ca (@CL_football) May 7, 2013
Reminder that Steve Kean compared Mauro Formica to Gabriel Batistuta.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) May 6, 2013
In all seriousness, Steve Kean is actually a decent coach. But to say he is damaged goods is the understatement of the decade.
— Mikey Delap (@MikeyDelap) May 7, 2013
José Mourinho wanting Steve Kean to join him at Chelsea? That’s either another awful story, or José is planning a Portuguese revolution.
— Simon Harrison (@simonhfootball) May 6, 2013
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]