- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
The Tweets: The Mirror say Mourinho’s 1st Chelsea signing will be ex-Blackburn boss Steve Kean
Steve Kean. Really?!
The Mirror splash an extraordinary story on their backpage this Tuesday claiming that Jose Mourinho will hire Steve Kean to become his assistant at Chelsea.
Kean’s reputation was put through the shredder during his awful spell in charge of Blackburn Rovers, however the Mirror suggest that the Special One will nevertheless appoint Kean as his number two when he returns to Stamford Bridge this summer.
The truth is, this isn’t the first time that Chelsea have pursued Steve Kean.
Back in 2008, the then Coventry City assistant manager Kean, who is fluent in Portuguese, was mooted for a coaching role at Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Chelsea.
Copies of the backpage of the Mirror and a BBC report linking Kean to the Blues back in 2008 can be seen below, along with some Tweets on the transfer rumour of the day.
Steve Kean alongside Mourinho? Must be a late April Fool’s.
— ChampionsLeague.ca (@CL_football) May 7, 2013
Reminder that Steve Kean compared Mauro Formica to Gabriel Batistuta.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) May 6, 2013
In all seriousness, Steve Kean is actually a decent coach. But to say he is damaged goods is the understatement of the decade.
— Mikey Delap (@MikeyDelap) May 7, 2013
José Mourinho wanting Steve Kean to join him at Chelsea? That’s either another awful story, or José is planning a Portuguese revolution.
— Simon Harrison (@simonhfootball) May 6, 2013
- Updated: May 7, 2013