The Tweets: Arsenal fans are ridiculed for booing Napoli’s Higuain during the Emirates Cup
- August 5, 2013
It was one of the transfer sagas of the summer, and Arsenal lost out.
For a large part of the 2103 summer, Arsenal were heavily linked to Argentine international striker Gonzalo Higuain. It was well known that Real Madrid were willing to sell the striker, and the Gunners were long tipped to be his next suitors.
However, as we now know, Higuain never arrived at the Emirates. Instead Napoli, flush after Edinson Cavani’s €63m move to PSG, had the funds to land the sought-after striker, and Arsenal fans were once again left to mull over the implications of having a top-class centre-forward decide not to join Arsene Wenger’s team.
Over the weekend Arsenal fans got the opportunity to watch Higuain up-close and personal during the Emirates Cup, and the Gunners supporters showered a chorus of boos onto Napoli’s new attacker.
Sour grapes? Most people on Twitter thought so.
Watch footage of Arsenal fans booing Napoli’s Higuain below, together with a series of Tweets mocking the Gunners fans for their petulant behaviour.
Ok, supporters of the booing at a pre-season game, make a case to me for booing Higuain. You can't.
— arseblog (@arseblog) August 3, 2013
Higuain booed by Arsenal fans for not being cheap enough for them to buy him #logic
— Footy Memes (@FootyMemes) August 3, 2013
It doesn't make sense that Arsenal fans are booing Higuain. Arsenal didn't want to pay what Madrid wanted, Napoli did. End of. Idiots.
— Addicted to Spurs (@AddictedtoSpurs) August 4, 2013
Come on. What's the booing of Higuain all about? Hardly his fault Arsenal didn't value him as highly as Napoli or Real Madrid. Get over it.
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) August 4, 2013
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) August 4, 2013
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi