- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
- Pele on Facebook: “I am doing fine”, after he’s moved to a Sao Paolo hospital special care unit
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere blasts the Mirror for saying he’s got the world’s most brittle ankles [Instagram]
The Tweets: Arsenal fans are ridiculed for booing Napoli’s Higuain during the Emirates Cup
It was one of the transfer sagas of the summer, and Arsenal lost out.
For a large part of the 2103 summer, Arsenal were heavily linked to Argentine international striker Gonzalo Higuain. It was well known that Real Madrid were willing to sell the striker, and the Gunners were long tipped to be his next suitors.
However, as we now know, Higuain never arrived at the Emirates. Instead Napoli, flush after Edinson Cavani’s €63m move to PSG, had the funds to land the sought-after striker, and Arsenal fans were once again left to mull over the implications of having a top-class centre-forward decide not to join Arsene Wenger’s team.
Over the weekend Arsenal fans got the opportunity to watch Higuain up-close and personal during the Emirates Cup, and the Gunners supporters showered a chorus of boos onto Napoli’s new attacker.
Sour grapes? Most people on Twitter thought so.
Watch footage of Arsenal fans booing Napoli’s Higuain below, together with a series of Tweets mocking the Gunners fans for their petulant behaviour.
Ok, supporters of the booing at a pre-season game, make a case to me for booing Higuain. You can't.
— arseblog (@arseblog) August 3, 2013
Higuain booed by Arsenal fans for not being cheap enough for them to buy him #logic
— Footy Memes (@FootyMemes) August 3, 2013
It doesn't make sense that Arsenal fans are booing Higuain. Arsenal didn't want to pay what Madrid wanted, Napoli did. End of. Idiots.
— Addicted to Spurs (@AddictedtoSpurs) August 4, 2013
Come on. What's the booing of Higuain all about? Hardly his fault Arsenal didn't value him as highly as Napoli or Real Madrid. Get over it.
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) August 4, 2013
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) August 4, 2013
- Updated: August 5, 2013