The Tweets after Liverpool’s Gerrard understands fans booing Man United’s Rio Ferdinand
- March 24, 2013
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has courted plenty of abuse on Sunday after commenting on the rights of England fans to boo Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand.
I think the fans have shown their frustration about Rio not being here. They’re entitled to their opinion, they pay good money to come over here. We all wanted Rio here because he’s a good player and he would have helped us over these two games. But he’s made his decision and we have to respect that.
Following Gerrard’s semi-controversial comments, Twitter has seen a torrent of abuse levelled at the Reds’ midfielder.
A handful of the best/worst tweets can be read below.
Steven Gerrard has never met a subject he couldn’t say something stupid about.
— Surge Biscuits (@NoHeroesHere) March 24, 2013
There are two types of people commenting on Gerrard/Rio – outraged blinkered United fans, and rational people who agree with Gerrard.
— Stevo (@Stevo_j) March 24, 2013
— John Bailey (@BaileyJB74) March 24, 2013
@1robbeasley Gerrard is a disgrace, and openly endorses such disgraceful chants about Rio. Just hope Montenegro wipe the smirk off his face
— Paul Kelleher (@paul9705) March 24, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...