- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
The Tweets after Liverpool’s Gerrard understands fans booing Man United’s Rio Ferdinand
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has courted plenty of abuse on Sunday after commenting on the rights of England fans to boo Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand.
I think the fans have shown their frustration about Rio not being here. They’re entitled to their opinion, they pay good money to come over here. We all wanted Rio here because he’s a good player and he would have helped us over these two games. But he’s made his decision and we have to respect that.
Following Gerrard’s semi-controversial comments, Twitter has seen a torrent of abuse levelled at the Reds’ midfielder.
A handful of the best/worst tweets can be read below.
Steven Gerrard has never met a subject he couldn’t say something stupid about.
— Surge Biscuits (@NoHeroesHere) March 24, 2013
There are two types of people commenting on Gerrard/Rio – outraged blinkered United fans, and rational people who agree with Gerrard.
— Stevo (@Stevo_j) March 24, 2013
— John Bailey (@BaileyJB74) March 24, 2013
@1robbeasley Gerrard is a disgrace, and openly endorses such disgraceful chants about Rio. Just hope Montenegro wipe the smirk off his face
— Paul Kelleher (@paul9705) March 24, 2013
- Updated: March 24, 2013