The Tweets after David Moyes confirms that Man United’s Wayne Rooney is not for sale
- July 5, 2013
After months of speculation and rumours, David Moyes, in his first press conference as Manchester United’s new manager, has categorically announced that Wayne Rooney is staying at Old Trafford.
Moyes told a packed room of journalists:
Wayne is not for sale. He is a Manchester United player and will remain a Manchester United player. I see a glint in his eye. He looks happy, he looks like he will knuckle down and get himself right.
He is training brilliantly well… I’m looking forward to working with him. I will definitely continue with the traditions of Manchester United.
I have known Wayne since he was 16, when he was at Everton. It is a little bit of deja vu. He is training really well, he is coming back in good shape.
I do not know what those two gentlemen said – Sir Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney. That conversation was private and as far as I am concerned I am looking forward to working with Wayne.
Below are a series of the best Tweets reacting to the news that Rooney is staying at the Theatre of Dreams.
If Rooney stays, please play him on the left of a front three and nowhere else. Kagawa has been kicking his heels six months too long #mufc
— Musa Okwonga (@Okwonga) July 5, 2013
Rooney’s got a glint in his eye? He’s probably just still pissed after Glastonbury
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) July 5, 2013
Rooney isn't for sale ? Yeah like Ibra, T.Silva, RVP, and many other before him. It's only the 5th of july. #JustSaying
— Thomas (@LeFrenchGooner) July 5, 2013
Glad Rooney is staying. Gives him a chance to complete his transfer request hat trick.
— Dane Jacob Sayer (@danesayer) July 5, 2013
Wayne this, Wayne that. #WaynesWorld
— Matt (@BigRed_M) July 5, 2013
Moyes is being very canny and evasive with any Rooney questions. His lips said "not for sale", his eyes are saying "I've killed a man".
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) July 5, 2013
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...