The Tweets after Arsenal reportedly agree terms to sign Swansea defender Ashley Williams
- May 24, 2013
Although yet to be officially confirmed by either Arsenal or Swansea, the Gunners have reportedly agreed terms with the Welsh outfit to sign centre half Ashley Williams on Friday.
Should the transfer come to fruition, Arsenal will have beaten out the likes of LIverpool for the 28-year-old Welsh international.
Figures between £8-10 million have been banded about as the potential transfer fee for Swansea’s captain, whilst most media outlets are spinning the story as also being the death-knell in Thomas Vermaelen’s career at the Emirates.
Below are a series of the best tweets reacting to Arsenal’s reported signing of Ashley Williams.
— Gooner Frog (@GoonerFrog) May 24, 2013
This is all the reason you need to want Ashley Williams at Arsenal youtube.com/watch?v=UeqiZ1…
— GoonRambler (@GoonRambler) May 24, 2013
Report: Arsenal have agreed terms with Swansea centre-back Ashley Williams, worth £60k per week. Fee circa £9m bit.ly/199GTIv
— Samuel (@samuelj29060) May 24, 2013
The South Wales Evening Post says that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has denied having any contact with Arsenal over Ashley Williams.
— Graeme Bailey (@GraemeBailey) May 24, 2013
Holy mother fucker don’t mind ashley williams but at the expense of vermaelen fuck that shit, vermaelen is 10x better
— Shirkada Mooska (@arsenal_mo) May 24, 2013
I don’t see the point in trying to get Ashley Williams, we’ve already got three world class centre backs, #AFC.
— David Waight (@clockendboy1997) May 24, 2013
Ashley Williams: Blocked more shots this season than any other player in Europe’s top 5 leagues, doing so 53 times
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) May 22, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...