The Times claim “Paul Pogba could make Man United return as part of rebuilding”
- January 14, 2014
As Manchester United fret about the sorry state of their midfield, one name keeps cropping up: Paul Pogba.
The French central midfielder left Old Trafford on a free transfer a year-and-a-half ago after failing to bag many first team opportunities under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Since arriving in Turin, Pogba has been an unmitigated success.
First playing a crucial role in winning the Scudetto last season and Pogba now looks set to be a crucial cog in the Juventus side as they canter to another Serie A title.
Over the weekend there were suggestions that Manchester City would make a summer move for Pogba in the Daily Star Sunday.
Yet, in The Times today, the usually reliable Matt Dickinson, Gary Jacob and George Caulkin all pen their name to a piece that says United will move for Pogba.
The reliable broadsheet write: “Manchester United have had encouragement in their hopes of bringing Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford. The Juventus midfield player left the English club in 2012, refusing to sign a new contract, but is believed to be open to a return to the Premier League and specifically to United.”
The Times continue: “There is no chance of a deal this month, but David Moyes, who hopes to be able to spend more than £100 million rebuilding the team he inherited, is hopeful that United will lead the chase for Pogba’s signature in the summer. The 20-year-old will have two years left on his contract in Turin. The worry for United as they chase numerous targets is that they can easily be used by agents seeking to improve their clients’ deals.”
If Manchester United are to bag Pogba again they will have to pay top whack and guarantee the 20-year-old a first team spot.
The likes of PSG and Real Madrid are also interested in Pogba and his value will likely soar on the back of a strong showing at the World Cup.
At the Ballon d’Or ceremony yesterday, Zinedine Zidane said: “Is Real Madrid interested in Pogba? Everyone wants him!”
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Leaked: Juventus’s brand new home, away & third kits for the 2015-16 season ...
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- Arsenal are no longer interested in Arturo Vidal, according to the BBC & Telegraph
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Arturo Vidal to Arsenal rumours refuse to go away: Deal 90% done according to Cope
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi