The Times claim “Paul Pogba could make Man United return as part of rebuilding”
As Manchester United fret about the sorry state of their midfield, one name keeps cropping up: Paul Pogba.
The French central midfielder left Old Trafford on a free transfer a year-and-a-half ago after failing to bag many first team opportunities under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Since arriving in Turin, Pogba has been an unmitigated success.
First playing a crucial role in winning the Scudetto last season and Pogba now looks set to be a crucial cog in the Juventus side as they canter to another Serie A title.
Over the weekend there were suggestions that Manchester City would make a summer move for Pogba in the Daily Star Sunday.
Yet, in The Times today, the usually reliable Matt Dickinson, Gary Jacob and George Caulkin all pen their name to a piece that says United will move for Pogba.
The reliable broadsheet write: “Manchester United have had encouragement in their hopes of bringing Paul Pogba back to Old Trafford. The Juventus midfield player left the English club in 2012, refusing to sign a new contract, but is believed to be open to a return to the Premier League and specifically to United.”
The Times continue: “There is no chance of a deal this month, but David Moyes, who hopes to be able to spend more than £100 million rebuilding the team he inherited, is hopeful that United will lead the chase for Pogba’s signature in the summer. The 20-year-old will have two years left on his contract in Turin. The worry for United as they chase numerous targets is that they can easily be used by agents seeking to improve their clients’ deals.”
If Manchester United are to bag Pogba again they will have to pay top whack and guarantee the 20-year-old a first team spot.
The likes of PSG and Real Madrid are also interested in Pogba and his value will likely soar on the back of a strong showing at the World Cup.
At the Ballon d’Or ceremony yesterday, Zinedine Zidane said: “Is Real Madrid interested in Pogba? Everyone wants him!”
Watch Live Stream
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte blocking Juan Cuadrado’s loan back to Juventus [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Juventus close to signing Blaise Matuidi from PSG for €34m [L’Equipe]August 24, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain scores Juventus winner 9 minutes into debut v Fiorentina (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Jose time: Man United bag last gasp win at Hull. Everyone goes nuts [Best Tweets]August 27, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino was Man United’s first choice boss ahead of Jose Mourinho [BBC Audio]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- ‘Bad challenge’ : Man United’s Luke Shaw speaks for first time about Hector Moreno’s tackle on himAugust 27, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks about Man United & Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a new MUTV interview (Video)August 25, 2016
- Man United fan creates a comedy Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirt [Instagram]August 24, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s doppelgänger turns up at Man UnitedAugust 24, 2016