- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
The tackle that angered Pep Guardiola: Osvaldo Alonso on Xherdan Shaqiri
- August 7, 2014
Pep Guardiola’s hissy fit at the end of the MLS All Star-Bayern Munich match has made headlines across the globe.
Many have wondered why Guardiola ignored the coach of the MLS team, Caleb Porter, since he had little time with these players and cannot be responsible for every challenge.
The “tackle” that did anger Pep was one from Cuba midfielder Osvaldo Alonso on Swiss World Cup star Xherdan Shaqiri.
To be fair, it was not befitting a pre-season match and Shaqiri could have been seriously injured.
But, Bayern Munich were on a tour of the USA to improve their image, Pep may have done more harm than good…