The tackle that angered Pep Guardiola: Osvaldo Alonso on Xherdan Shaqiri
- August 7, 2014
Pep Guardiola’s hissy fit at the end of the MLS All Star-Bayern Munich match has made headlines across the globe.
Many have wondered why Guardiola ignored the coach of the MLS team, Caleb Porter, since he had little time with these players and cannot be responsible for every challenge.
The “tackle” that did anger Pep was one from Cuba midfielder Osvaldo Alonso on Swiss World Cup star Xherdan Shaqiri.
To be fair, it was not befitting a pre-season match and Shaqiri could have been seriously injured.
But, Bayern Munich were on a tour of the USA to improve their image, Pep may have done more harm than good…
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi