- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
The Sun exaggerate Özil’s words, have Arsenal star saying “We’ll end Man United’s season” [Picture]
Ozil didn't actually say we'll end United's season. Just the Sun going with a dramatic headline so you'll ready the story…as usual.
— Arsene's Army (@ArsenesArmy) November 10, 2013
Since it's 'The Sun' I think it would be pretty safe to assume that those Ozil quotes are bull.
— Andre Guillory (@AndreGuillory) November 10, 2013
The Sunday Sun ratchet up the tension ahead of Manchester United versus Arsenal, splashing Mesut Özil on the backpage of their paper saying “We’ll end Man United’s season”.
There is only one problem with the Sun’s splash. Özil never said those words.
Ozil. What a bastard. pic.twitter.com/pLWYyEGmsU
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) November 10, 2013
The tabloid seemed intent on taking comments made by Wayne Rooney last week about Arsenal’s title-winning potential, and creating some sort of war of words between Rooney and Özil.
To recap, Rooney last week discussed the Gunners saying “We’ll wait and see where they are in March. We’ve seen before that they’ve been in the top two until February or March and then faded away, so it’s down to them to try and stay there. They’re doing brilliantly at the minute and it’s up to us to catch them.”
With that as the backdrop, Mark Irwin farted:
Mesut Özil says Arsenal are out to end Manchester United’s title dream today. The £42.5million German insists all the heat is on the hosts and has told Wayne Rooney the Gunners have nothing to prove.
[Özil said] “we are going to Old Trafford to have fun and that is why we are going to win. I don’t think we have to prove anything to Wayne or anyone else. We know the quality we have and we want to be successful playing our own way.”
“The plan is not to go to United and settle for a draw. If we are going to achieve the target of our coach, then we go to win.”
- Updated: November 10, 2013